gapped plug correctly but

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

Kerry
Goped
Goped

gapped plug correctly but

Post by Kerry »

.24 but when its idiling (forever) if I give it any fuel it stalls. I literally have to let it run for 15 minutes.....is this how scoots are when its that cold? When haloing the plug, is the measurement supposed to be snug on the gapping coin?

Thanks!
veedubh20
CB900F
CB900F

Re: gapped plug correctly but

Post by veedubh20 »

Yes, Carb runs differently weather temp and elevation( atitudes)
Need to tune the carb, pilot/main jet, a/f screw.

All spark plugs are pre-gapped., Gap plug need to do plug chop. Just use spark-plug gap tool. (not coin)
eliteguy50
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by eliteguy50 »

Mine will take gas after 30 seconds or so and it will actually run after 3-5 minutes.
motormike wrote:Errands become adventures.
patthesoundguy

Post by patthesoundguy »

Kerry wrote:.24 but when its idiling (forever) if I give it any fuel it stalls. I literally have to let it run for 15 minutes.....is this how scoots are when its that cold? When haloing the plug, is the measurement supposed to be snug on the gapping coin?

Thanks!
I think the gapping coin is one of the round gap tools that has the little hole to open up the gap and has the numbers around the edge. I like that term for it :geekdance: i use one of those and I gap it so it has a slight drag when I pull it from the gap. I also never rely on plugs being pre-gapped, that's just me. I would think that plugs like the ones like the ones we use in our scooters are for more than just one application so you need to gap it for your needs.
I would check the bystarter part of the carb make sure the little hole that allows the fuel to feed in for the bystarter is properly clear and not gummed up. might be getting enough gas to start and then idle but not get above idle untill it warms up. And to tell a story about plugs being "Pre Gapped" I got new plugs in the summer for my chev celebrity went to the store and got the plugs of the shelf asked the clerk for a gap tool because the one i keep in my spree tool bag was gone, she snarks back at me saying I diddnt need the gap tool that all plugs come pre gapped. I made her sell me the tool and went home to Gap and install my new plugs... The proper spec is 0.060... of the four plugs, One plug was 0.065 One was 0.045, One was 0.050, One was 0.55. So yes all plugs come pre gapped but what size gap who knows.
Dude! Ya Can't Fix Stupid!
84 Spree stock
84 Spree Dio AF18E MHR Cylinder Arrow Pipe 28mm OKO
80 Express, 47mm DR BBKit, Weak Ends Intake, Boyesen Dual stage reeds, 19mm Delorto carb, MLM pipe
79 Express
85 Aero 80 stock
84 elite 125 stock
Petrock's 1984 Spree
Elite
Elite

Post by Petrock's 1984 Spree »

Haha wow thats crazy
Does it really make a noticable difference if the gap is off that little?
Complete NOOB, sorry dudes
1984 Iowa Spreedio aka "Hammy"
-72cc Polini Corsa
-V8 Typhoon Exhaust
-21mm OKO & CT Mani
-ZX Trans 1k Contra
-8.44:1 Gears
-Polini 2 Shoe Clutch
-Koso Vented Clutch Bell
-Polini Ruckus Vari w/ 6.9g weights
-669x18x30 Belt
motormike

Post by motormike »

There's nothin' better than gettin' yur plug gapped, and I like it best when it drags real snug in the gap.... :ndance:
RideRed
<(2)Gyro S><Helix><Sym Wolf>
"Live Large - Ride Small"
Petrock's 1984 Spree
Elite
Elite

Post by Petrock's 1984 Spree »

Ha right on
Complete NOOB, sorry dudes
1984 Iowa Spreedio aka "Hammy"
-72cc Polini Corsa