Aero 50 rides again!

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

Kemmer
Goped
Goped

Aero 50 rides again!

Post by Kemmer »

So I pulled this out of a dumpster 5 or 6 years ago and after a little tinkering I got it running. I sold it to a guy on craigslist for 300 bucks or so. A year or so went by and I was at a party, and he came rolling up on it. I was a little surprised it was still on the road, but he let me ride it around and pop some wheelies for old times sake. We eventually became friends and last month I ran in to him at a friends house. He said it had stopped running over a year ago and he asked me if I wanted it back. I enthusiastically agreed to come pick it up as soon as possible and today I got it fired up again after cleaning the electrical junction box thing. It had become very corroded as a result of it being constantly exposed to the elements. The gas is over a year old, and the thing still runs like a top!

Here it is when I first got it:

And here it is after I took off all the broken plastic and got it running. Check out the trailer lights for turnsignals. It got crashed at least 20 times by various people on this obstacle course.

And here's a video of it running again!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9VHC7kT ... r_embedded#!
gfisher99
Spree
Spree

Re: Aero 50 rides again!

Post by gfisher99 »

Good story. You better keep that thing locked up. Looks dangerous around there. :urban:
1986 Spree w/Taz 44mm BBK