Hello from Holland!

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

Evil Kitty
Noob
Noob

Hello from Holland!

Post by Evil Kitty »

Hello everyone,

I'm Marjolein and I live near the city Rotterdam Holland (sorry if my spellings and grammar suck). I used to own a Honda Vision Met-in (Spree) but I sold this bike 7 years a go. After I owned a lot of different mopeds and scooters, mostly Honda's.

Last week I fell in love again and bought a very nice Honda Vision 84 in very good shape with all the factory stickers on it and with the original instruction booklet.

I've ordered some extra parts for it like wheel-disks, a new exhaust and a very nice basket.

The other mopeds I own at the moment are: Honda Chaly, Honda MTX-sh, Honda MBX AC and a Sparta Lucky (Sparta is a Dutch bicycle branch, they used to build mopeds and small motorcycles to)

Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly!
Trafficjamz
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Re: Hello from Holland!

Post by Trafficjamz »

welcome :peace:
new best 1/8th mile time 9.647 seconds @67.155 mph 310lbs total weight
sdjohn
Noob
Noob

Post by sdjohn »

Nice find! Welcome.
PolarIce
Spree
Spree

Post by PolarIce »

Welcome Aboard!
1984 Honda NN50 Gyro
1986? Honda Aero 50
PolarIce=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USCGC_Pola ... WAGB-11%29
Served Onboard 94-97
Wheelman-111

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetz:

The Vision looks very clean. Its U.S. equivalent appears to be the 1985-'87 Aero model. What is the engine code stamped on the transmission cover? It should start with "AF-0*E. I'd be interested in seeing with which engine Honda equipped its Dutch-market scooters back then.

Welcome to the Forum.
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
Evil Kitty
Noob
Noob

Post by Evil Kitty »

Wheelman-111 wrote:Greetz:

The Vision looks very clean. Its U.S. equivalent appears to be the 1985-'87 Aero model. What is the engine code stamped on the transmission cover? It should start with "AF-0*E. I'd be interested in seeing with which engine Honda equipped its Dutch-market scooters back then.

Welcome to the Forum.

Hello Wheelman-111,

I'll check it tomorrow when I'm picking it up at the moped shop. Next tuesday I'm going to pick up an extra engine which is going to be rebuild with al new parts.
eliteguy50
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by eliteguy50 »

Evil Kitty wrote: ... Next tuesday I'm going to pick up an extra engine which is going to be rebuild with al new parts.
Will it be stock or a modified performance engine?
motormike wrote:Errands become adventures.
Evil Kitty
Noob
Noob

Post by Evil Kitty »

eliteguy50 wrote:
Evil Kitty wrote: ... Next tuesday I'm going to pick up an extra engine which is going to be rebuild with al new parts.
Will it be stock or a modified performance engine?
The most parts I will be using will be stock but I want this engine to be a bit faster that stock. I was thinking to use a Malossi multi var.
TURN1
Spree
Spree

Post by TURN1 »

Aloha from Honolulu, Hawaii =)

Post pics of all the scooters in Holland :coolcruise:

I miss Holland...red light district of Amsterdam was truly an experience :2thumbs:
Pass on the ALOHA Spirit!!!
Evil Kitty
Noob
Noob

Post by Evil Kitty »

Wheelman-111 wrote:Greetz:

Welcome to the Forum.
I'd checked the engine number and it started with AF-09 :)

I picked up my spare engine with and it is in great condition.
TURN1 wrote:Aloha from Honolulu, Hawaii =)

Post pics of all the scooters in Holland :coolcruise:

I miss Holland...red light district of Amsterdam was truly an experience :2thumbs:
I bet the weather on Hawaii is better than here in Holland :smile: I never went to the Red Light districs in Amsterdam, it's not save there when you are a girl :geekdance:

Now I'm going to look for another luggagerack, the last owner was a weldingfreak and welded some big pieces of iron on it.
TURN1
Spree
Spree

Post by TURN1 »

Evil Kitty wrote:
I bet the weather on Hawaii is better than here in Holland :smile: I never went to the Red Light districs in Amsterdam, it's not save there when you are a girl :geekdance:
The weather is beautiful year round, so if you love the outdoors, beach, sun, riding, great food and nice people, you'd like it here :thumbwink:

I saw a lot of girls hanging out with friends in the red light district. I'm sure if you travel with a group of friends should be fine. Love the cafes that served marijuana with a smile :naughty:

Pass on the ALOHA Spirit!!!