possible part out but some questions 86 honda aero

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

james02
BMX
BMX

possible part out but some questions 86 honda aero

Post by james02 »

Alright i bought my aero back in high school from a garage sale, the peice was torn to shreds, much work was needed before being able to ride it. well i fixed it up on my tiny budget at the time and it was my main source of transportation on warm sunny days. now 5 years later on to bigger and better projects im was going to fix it up 1 more time but this time with a slightly bigger budget and a larger know-how on how to do it. well so far i've taken it completely apart and clean up most of the peices and seeing it in my garage it just doesnt seem reasonable to put it back together. it rains here 8 months out of the year, i live 2 blocks away from a 55mph speed zone with no back roads to hide on to and from work and i never got the title to the bike so it'd be illegal to ride anyway.(not something i cared about when i was a teenager) sooo my question is, if i part it out, how much do people want theses parts. the plastics all have their fair share of scratches and scrapes and paint flakes from a rattle can paint job and the seat has been reupholstered. the frame is clean with a fresh coat of rust-oleum and the brakes are good. i mean overall i'd give it a 6-7/10 for an average overall bike. easy to clean up and make faster but my biggest thing is the title. the engine hasnt been ran in over 2 years and its been sitting outside but as you all know these engines are bullet proof. everything was working before it was sitting. theres a little rust here and there but only surface rust. i have 95% of all the parts. if i part it out i just dont want peices lying around my garage for months on end. anyway if theres a lot of interest ill definitely part it out.

-Jim
killerpancake
Spree
Spree

Re: possible part out but some questions 86 honda aero

Post by killerpancake »

Have you thought about selling the whole thing?
If it don't fit, force it. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyway.

(Previous)
87 honda spree
85 honda spree

(Current)
88 yammy razz

(parts bike)
another 88 yammy razz
james02
BMX
BMX

Post by james02 »

i would sell the whole thing but for one it doesnt have a title and two its in dozens of peices in my garage. i could put it back together and sell it as a parts bike but i figured it be easier for everyone else if they're just looking for 1 part.
Kemmer
Goped
Goped

Post by Kemmer »

I'd be very interested in the kickstart assembly and cover. If you want to keep the motor complete, I'd probably take the entire engine off your hands. I could also use the autochoke.
Bear45-70
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Bear45-70 »

Getting a lost title replaced requires you to follow some steps, but the system can get you a title. I've done it 3 times in Washington and now have permanent title to 2 out of 3, the 3rd I just did a couple months ago and here you get a temporary title for 3 years, then the permanent one. But at least you are legal to ride it during those 3 years.
Bear 45/70

'83 Aero 80 X 3
'84 Aero 80 X 3

'85 Aero 80
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'84 Aero 125
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'85 Aero 50
'85 Spree
devenex
Elite
Elite

Post by devenex »

What part of Oregon you in?
1986 Spree w/ '87 SE50 motor
1985 Aero 50 w/ Dio motor: On Hold
85spreeSE50
Noob
Noob

Post by 85spreeSE50 »

I wish they had the three year thing in Oregon. It is a nightmare to get a title here!
devenex
Elite
Elite

Post by devenex »

85spreeSE50 wrote:I wish they had the three year thing in Oregon. It is a nightmare to get a title here!
Especially when you get some numb-nuts at the DMV who's useless.

After getting completely shutdown at the local office (when I lived in Corvallis) I decided to call the main branch (Salem). Apparently there is some sort of lien process you can do, but it seems like a total PITA.
1986 Spree w/ '87 SE50 motor
1985 Aero 50 w/ Dio motor: On Hold