Ultra rare Honda Spree...

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

dr.ona
Spree
Spree

Ultra rare Honda Spree...

Post by dr.ona »

Europe version for sale here in Portland Oregon...found this on Craigslist...

http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/mcy/2357441685.html

For Sale: 1982 Honda Melody Deluxe II Scooter (Yellow) - $500 OBO

Description:
Fair condition 1982 Honda Melody II Deluxe Scooter. Yellow color, 49cc engine. This is the European version of the Spree. Includes basket on front and storage box on rear. Also have a DOT approved helmet I can throw in. Has one mirror that is cracked (not shown) but it can have two. I also have a master cable lock that I've been using for it that I can throw in. This scooter is not ready to ride around town on so please see disclaimer.

**** Disclaimer ****
This scooter runs but not very well. I just had some work done on it at Columbia Scooters but it still has some issues:
The carburetor needs work but Columbia said someone stripped out the screws necessary to remove some parts and pretty much recommended getting a new one. I'm not sure how that would work giving that it's a 29 year old scooter from Europe.
It could use two mirrors but I only have one and it's got a crack in it. You can see behind you with it so that helps.
They threw away my battery, which I think was rechargeable and replaced it with an old battery that didn't have much life left (and might be dead now).
The left side of the kickstand is somehow bent and it works fine but is hard to move with your foot.
The guy who sold it to me didn't have a title and thought I wouldn't need one. I tried to register the scooter with the state but after many months they denied my request, refunded my money and I couldn't ride it anymore. They basically told me I just didn't have enough information about it. If whoever buys the scooter would like to register it, I will do whatever I can to help with the process.
That's all I can think of as far as issues go. I had a lot of fine riding this when I first got it and had my temporary tag. If I had the time and money I would certainly fix it up, register it and ride it everywhere but sadly I don't and I want it to go to a good home.
Please email anytime. If you call, I may not answer but feel free to text and include a reference to this posting. (503) 975-6633.

Thanks for looking!
Rocky

"I can't drive......35!"
tru72
CB900F
CB900F

Re: Ultra rare Honda Spree...

Post by tru72 »

very nice find Dr.!
I like the changes in that bike compared to the US Spree. Nicer front brakes/fork, loks like its made to be with less brake deflection and flex. Also the added vents on the side, nice touch! Even that seat with the chrome trim is nice. LOL Proof again that all the junk gets sent to us..
burnt_toast
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by burnt_toast »

omg that is sexy! :drool:

only 500 bones too..
projects galore :nerd:
motormike

Post by motormike »

This showed up on the "Wanted/For Sale" thread.......I was drooling there too....... :naughty: ... :naughty: ......even with the flaky description, I'd be making an offer than would end up with me taking this home.... if it were closer... :cry: ....
RideRed
<Gyro S><MB5><Honda Navi><Helix><Sym Wolf><Yamaha Razz><Honda CH150 Deluxe>
"Live Large - Ride Small"
bradmeehan
Elite
Elite

Post by bradmeehan »

I would buy that...then hide it for another 20 years and sell it to one of you after you spent the last 20 years regretting not getting it. Get it.
1986 Spree
1986 Spree (Big Bore)
1985 Aero 50
1985 Aero 80
1988 Elite 50 (SB50)

1985 "OrangeJuice" (Sold)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CYYlkRRqa8