Any ideas on how to paint or make this baby look sharp?

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

_jakesteen_
Noob
Noob

Any ideas on how to paint or make this baby look sharp?

Post by _jakesteen_ »

2011-08-11 17.37.06.jpg
2011-08-11 17.37.06.jpg (99.22 KiB) Viewed 1085 times
I'm taking my 1986 Honda Spree to college with me next year, and was hoping to making it look a little sharper. Any advice/ideas/painting tips?
z50r-ghost
CB900F
CB900F

Re: Any ideas on how to paint or make this baby look sharp?

Post by z50r-ghost »

From what I see... It looks sharp already! But if you did want to paint, the front bib panel and floorboard can be tricky due to the type of plastic. You would have to use and adhesion promoter (aka bulldog) to get the paint to adhere properly. There are spray "dyes" out there, but it would be impossible to cover black...

Just ideas... j
.locked away in a cage my rage has got the best of me
time finds a way each day of leaving less of me behind.

>< Solitaire Unraveling ><
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U45NfWSX-Vk
...my life story

1990HONDANS50F
motormike

Re: Any ideas on how to paint or make this baby look sharp?

Post by motormike »

Save your efforts to improve the look....spend the money on a GOOD lock....when college is over, and you've got secure storage, then NeVER paint it. Keep the black and shine it as much as it will take.....I dont see any need to change this bike.....and as a personal choice, I dislike painted plastics....there are many bikes on this forum that have been painted, and done well,.....but it is always better to do it right the first time....spray-bomb a Spree with cheap, inappropriate paint and you've opened a can of worms. AGAIN... :imo: ......rock-on........... :urban:
RideRed
<Gyro S><MB5><Honda Navi><Helix><Sym Wolf><Yamaha Razz><Honda CH150 Deluxe>
"Live Large - Ride Small"