Scooter motor on a gokart?

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

the0captain
Spree
Spree

Scooter motor on a gokart?

Post by the0captain »

this just came up on craigslist - http://louisville.craigslist.org/mcy/2574442317.html

This looks really odd to say the least
mopro logan
Spree
Spree

Re: Scooter motor on a gokart?

Post by mopro logan »

That is sweet I would so buy that. I have been thinking about making something like that for a while but I have other projects to do first.
mousewheels
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by mousewheels »

Captured one of the sellers pics, so we can keep it around... I posted a pic a couple years back of a similar kart from this side of the country. Will try to find a link to that pic.
Scooter_kart.jpg
Scooter_kart.jpg (8.34 KiB) Viewed 4031 times
motormike

Post by motormike »

.....this concept, with some re-design, knobby tire.....backyard dirt track=too much fun
RideRed
<(2)Gyro S><Helix><Sym Wolf>
"Live Large - Ride Small"
mousewheels
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by mousewheels »

mousewheels wrote:I posted a pic a couple years back of a similar kart from this side of the country. Will try to find a link to that pic.
Found one:
the0captain
Spree
Spree

Post by the0captain »

mousewheels wrote:
mousewheels wrote:I posted a pic a couple years back of a similar kart from this side of the country. Will try to find a link to that pic.
Found one:
that looks like a lot of fun! could that be street legal without tags or would you have to register that since it has 3 wheels?
mopro logan
Spree
Spree

Post by mopro logan »

the0captain wrote:
mousewheels wrote:
Found one:
that looks like a lot of fun! could that be street legal without tags or would you have to register that since it has 3 wheels?
That can be street legal in MI. If the head light is a minimum of 24 inches off the ground and brake light is visible up to 500 feet. If it has that and a 50cc motor then it can still be registered as a moped. But if you have some thing like that were I live be ready to get polled over the cops here are * with stuff like that. It might have been just me that they didn't like. :lol:
sa50pr
BMX
BMX

Post by sa50pr »

i seen that when i was looking for a scooter for a buddy of mine on craigslist and was just like *