Want to learn how the scoot works.

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

terryc8171
Goped
Goped

Want to learn how the scoot works.

Post by terryc8171 »

I'd like to get a complete motor that I can disassemble, clean up, reassemble to understand how it works. Reading manuals is good but I learn better hands on.

What actually happens when they say motor is "seized"? Can the motor be rebuilt and be used again? if I found a bike on CL or a garbage sale, how do you know if it's seized when the bike doesn't run?

I never can find the great deals you all talk about. Just want a junk bike to learn. Doesn't need the plastics, seat etc. Anyone got some ideas or a motor to help a beginner in grand rapids mi?
'87 SE50
'87 NQ50
swimmingfree
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Re: Want to learn how the scoot works.

Post by swimmingfree »

what are you looking for spree elite ?? best not to say whatever .. if your going to take the time to fix it ..
terryc8171 wrote:What actually happens when they say motor is "seized"? Can the motor be rebuilt and be used again? if I found a bike on CL or a garbage sale, how do you know if it's seized when the bike doesn't run?
just kick it dose not move seized the piston rusted to the walls or piston broke up and jam in the crank or ???

yes most of the time if you got anuff money they all can be fix but is it worth it
swimmingfree
handicap (dyslexia)
looking for
se50 crank...

SpreJunk 87elite in a spree body
ruckus variator , 3.5 tire , 1500 drive face spring , a 64 bbk ,
8 gram rollers, stock carb , after market air filter and 105 jet
terryc8171
Goped
Goped

Post by terryc8171 »

Thought elite so it's like my scoot. If I get the basics, then I should be able to understand other motors.
'87 SE50
'87 NQ50
eliteguy50
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by eliteguy50 »

swimmingfree wrote:
terryc8171 wrote:What actually happens when they say motor is "seized"? Can the motor be rebuilt and be used again? if I found a bike on CL or a garbage sale, how do you know if it's seized when the bike doesn't run?
just kick it dose not move seized the piston rusted to the walls or piston broke up and jam in the crank or ???
No, that means something is locked up. It could be the kick start, not the motor. The only way to tell if a new-to-you bike is seized it to actually pull apart the engine. Sometimes the crank bearings are locked up and the top end is fine.
motormike wrote:Errands become adventures.