Feedback anyone?

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

Spree<3
Spree
Spree

Feedback anyone?

Post by Spree<3 »

Can anyone give me a review or feedback on the 2008 Adly Silver Fox 50? Heard of it? Good or bad...

Is it worth $350 in good,not great,condition? 2250 miles on it... kick start is "broken". Gonna look at it this weekend... what should I look for? problems with this particular scooter?

Thanks,
1986 Spree
tazland001
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Re: Feedback anyone?

Post by tazland001 »

Sounds like a chinese scooter. If it is run.

Taz
Spree<3
Spree
Spree

Post by Spree<3 »

From what I can tell, it is from Tiawan... but it has a very high rating - high 70's to low 80's-depending on who's rating it. The online reviews I've read are very good. Says it's the top selling scooter in the UK and NZ...

I am a Honda guy... and always will be. This is a scooter for someone else and he wanted me to "check it out" for him. I don't really deal with Chinese scoots so I was looking for some insight from "THOSE WHO KNOW" :smile:

MODEL SILVER FOX-50
Overall Length 70.87" (1800 mm)
Overall Width 30.91" (785 mm)
Overall Height 50.79" (1290 mm)
Wheel Base 48.82" (1240 mm)
Seat Height 32.09" (815 mm)
Claimed Dry Weight 182.98 LBS (83kg)
ENGINE AT-50JT
Displacement 49.3 c.c.
Bore x Stroke (mm) 40mm x 39.2mm
Type Air-Cooled, 2 Stroke
Cylinder Arrangement Single Cylinder, Horizontal
Ignition C.D.I.
Starting Electric Kick
Engine Idle Speed 1800┬▒100 rpm
Spark Plug NGK BP7HS
Carburetor Type Mikuni VM-16,Jet-50
Fuel Capacity 1.64 gal (6.2 Liter)
Lubrication Oil 0.32 gal (1.2 Liter)
Gear Box Oil 85W/90 ,0.1Liter
Transmission Automatic, CVT(V-Belt)
Battery 12V ,YTX4L-BS(YUASA)
Front Suspension Telescope
Rear Suspension Unit-Swing
Front Brake Disk
Rear Brake Drum
Front Tire 120/70-12 (120/90-10)
Rear Tire 120/70-12 (130/90-10)

That's the specs I found.
1986 Spree
z50r-ghost
CB900F
CB900F

Post by z50r-ghost »

I can tell you anything you need to know about the Adly! The shop I work at is an Adly dealer, and yes; they are Tawianese, and are SUPERB quality! $350 is a steal for one, as long as it's in good shape... Ignition set is complete and isn't drilled, proper oil has been used, brake rotor not scored; you know, as long as it has been maintained.

Adly Moto scooters are made by HerChee motor corp of tawain. There are customers that bring their Adlys in for brake pads, spark plugs, etc with over 20,000 km's on them andvthet still run as strong as they did the day they bought them new. Definitely a well built machine, and are impressive. I have yet to see a belt break (Adly uses Mitsuboshi belts), and the only seized bores I've replaced have been due to running them out of oil.

The engine is the typical Minarelli style, CVT trans. Tons of upgrades available.

Adly DOES restrict some models of the Jet and Fox. Restrictions include CDI, (unplug wire) "wedding band" ring in the variator (spacer), and a throttle stop ring above the spring in the carburetor. All are easily removed and once removed, the Fox will run a strong 40 mph.

Hope this helps- let me know if you have any questions...

Later, j
.locked away in a cage my rage has got the best of me
time finds a way each day of leaving less of me behind.

>< Solitaire Unraveling ><
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U45NfWSX-Vk
...my life story

1990HONDANS50F
tru72
CB900F
CB900F

Post by tru72 »

nice bike for sure, only complaint i have that the pipe needs to be a specific one, just because of the wider tire thats on them. Unless you plan to cut a performance pipe and extend it a little. Other than that i work on them at my shop as well.
good luck!
aloha
D
Spree<3
Spree
Spree

Post by Spree<3 »

Thanks for the input :smile: I guess I'll give it the once over and see whats what.

Its got a nice sporty style... and the tires are larger than I thought thay'd be... only seen a photo so far, but its a nice looking machine.

Thanks for the restrictor tips... if my friend gets it I'll be sure to take care of those few minor alterations... :smile:

:peace:
1986 Spree
tazland001
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by tazland001 »

Sounds like you may have found a good deal. Taiwan is sooooo much better that China products. Sounds like the 3KJ clone. That is good for you.

Taz
tru72
CB900F
CB900F

Post by tru72 »

<<totally agrees with taz on that!
Spree<3
Spree
Spree

Post by Spree<3 »

Went to see it... I dont know what the PO was thinking... it was a mess!
Wrong carb on it... bypassed the petcock, the Intake(home made) was about 10 inches long. Seriously! He got it to start by pouring gas into the carb/air intake... no airbox at all. Plastics were trashed... and so much more wrong.
I passed.
1986 Spree