Will The Real S4Patrick please stand up

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

KingJeff801
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by KingJeff801 »

Let me start this post as this is my last resort trying to stay positive. So back in October I posted my complete 486 original mile A16 motor on this website for sale. Patrick and I came to an agreement on a price and I shipped the motor in 2 separate boxes(because of weight). One box has the shock, motor mount, stock pipe, clutch bell, clutch assembly, rear wheel and tire, and other misc. The complete block with everything else was in another box. So it turns out the box with the most important parts the block, cylinder and carb got lost in the mail(very well could have my been my packing ,lesson learned). I insured it and still haven't seen a penny from USPS. Patrick did receive the first box with the motor mount, pipe etc.. so after a couple weeks of not being able to find the box with the motor I refunded Patricks money in FULL. At the same time I sold him my brand new okumura pipe at a killer deal(this transaction went well). So he emailed me about sending him money to get my parts that reached back(which was fine with me). Winter was coming and I spaced it not being in scooter mode. I noticed last week my parts came up for sale on hondaspree.net. So I PM him hey I would still like my parts back and will pay shipping to get them back...no reply...week later another PM to him saying "that I see you have read my message and would still like my parts ". So I PM him today and he says I have to pay storage fees and extra shipping for him to send my parts back...*????????? I agree I waited a while but I kinda spaced it , with winter coming and all. Below is the last email from him before I saw my parts for sale, also included is the whole email chain. I really feel Patrick is being a crook here. I am out my motor, paid $80 dollars for shipping and insurance, refunded all his money and am willing to pay shipping to get MY parts back......I am sure there will be mixed reviews on this post. I am trying to stay positive but wonder if I am wrong wanting my parts back, especially if i will pay shipping????????????Lastly I will say I have bought and sold from many great people on this forum and I have always tried to be straight forth and honest in all my dealings.

Thanks,

Begin forwarded message:

Date: November 18, 2011 11:55:58 AM MST
To: "'Jeff
Subject: RE: motor

Hello Jeff.

Been away for a little while, business and so forth.

The Okumura Pipe came in 100% safe & sound. Great packing jobÔÇöthank you.

I received the refund via PayPalÔÇöthank you for this as well.

The Parts which I did receive, I can & will send these back to you, but how are we to take care of the freight charges with getting these back to you?

Thanks

~Patrick

Sent: Thursday, November 17, 2011 11:02 PM
To: Patrick B. ||
Subject: Re: motor

Hello Patrick. Have you received the okumura yet? Did you receive your refund for the motor? Haven't heard from you in a while. Have you sent the parts that made it to you back yet?

Thanks, Jeff

On Nov 7, 2011, at 8:05 AM, "

Hello Jeff

Any progress here?

I sent you an e-mail last weekI havent heard from you.

At this point, IÔÇÖd like a full refund & you can have the items that did ship to me back.

Let me know ASAP

Thanks

~Patrick

Sent: Thursday, October 27, 2011 2:48 PM
To:
Subject: motor

Patrick I made some head way with the motor today. I had a lady at USPS fill out a form and send it to the recovery center which is located in Atlanta. She thinks there is a good chance they will package it up and send it to you as per her instruction. My only concern is damage. She also said it will reflect in the tracking # when they do this. So I figure we give it a day or too and then I will fill out a insurance claim. I will keep you posted. You might want to start thinking if for some reason the motor doesn't make it. Do you want to send the box you received back for a full refund or keep the parts for a partial refund. It is your decision and I will hope for the best that the motor will make.

Jeff
Last edited by KingJeff801 on Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
2001 Elite S
72cc Corsa
24mm OKO
Scorpion Pipe

Pic and Vid post
http://www.hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewto ... =pic+video

Gun Post
http://www.hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewto ... =6&t=27051

Wrong Side Kings 4 Life
Carnie
Elite
Elite

Post by Carnie »

So to clarify, he paid for the parts, you shipped and insured, but they didn't make it, so you refunded the respected amount. Afterward, he gets the parts and sells them after basically getting them for free? Do I have this right? The post is somewhat ambiguous.
1987 Spree
1994 Elite SR
KingJeff801
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Re: Will The Real S4Patrick please stand up

Post by KingJeff801 »

Carnie wrote:So to clarify, he paid for the parts, you shipped and insured, but they didn't make it, so you refunded the respected amount. Afterward, he gets the parts and sells them after basically getting them for free? Do I have this right? The post is somewhat ambiguous.

He received half of the parts , the most important box with the block never came so he requested a refund which i refunded in full. He still has the parts from the other box and is now posting them for sale. :peace:
2001 Elite S
72cc Corsa
24mm OKO
Scorpion Pipe

Pic and Vid post

Gun Post

Wrong Side Kings 4 Life
bakaracer
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by bakaracer »

how do you know that the engine never got to him?
Nothing like getting stroked!
Thanks to my sponsors
Nos Energy Drinks,themopedcompany.com,nwautoevents.com,Cycle Gear
90 honda dio sp 72cc
87 elite 50 s with 86cc watercooled mini stroke
87 elite 50 race bike mhr 72cc
91 yamaha tzr 250r
eliteguy50
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by eliteguy50 »

Don't forget to stay on top of the insurance claim too. If the packing was that bad, the receiving clerk should have rejected.the package.
motormike wrote:Errands become adventures.
KingJeff801
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by KingJeff801 »

bakaracer wrote:how do you know that the engine never got to him?
I really don't , the lady at USPS said if they find the package they will mail it to him, so tracking is null in void at this point. I was really trying to be the stand up dude. He just informed me he sold my back rim and tire ,that should take of storage fees???????????? he would ship the rest back for $25 and that the best he could do?????
2001 Elite S
72cc Corsa
24mm OKO
Scorpion Pipe

Pic and Vid post

Gun Post

Wrong Side Kings 4 Life
KingJeff801
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by KingJeff801 »

eliteguy50 wrote:Don't forget to stay on top of the insurance claim too. If the packing was that bad, the receiving clerk should have rejected.the package.
I have been trying and nothing, It seemed solid when I took it in????

I have lost hope at this point :peace:
2001 Elite S
72cc Corsa
24mm OKO
Scorpion Pipe

Pic and Vid post

Gun Post

Wrong Side Kings 4 Life
Carnie
Elite
Elite

Post by Carnie »

I would say you are in the right. You have tried to solve the problem quietly and respectfully, but now others have the right to know what they could be getting themselves into by dealin with him. However, I would still like to hear his side of the story.
1987 Spree
1994 Elite SR
KingJeff801
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by KingJeff801 »

Carnie wrote:I would say you are in the right. You have tried to solve the problem quietly and respectfully, but now others have the right to know what they could be getting themselves into by dealin with him. However, I would still like to hear his side of the story.
Thanks, I do agree there is two sides to every story. I tried to represent my side accordingly :peace:
2001 Elite S
72cc Corsa
24mm OKO
Scorpion Pipe

Pic and Vid post

Gun Post

Wrong Side Kings 4 Life
kingkamehameha
CB900F
CB900F

Post by kingkamehameha »

I say you fly to his house and pound on his front door
ua mau ke 'ea o ka aina i ka pono o hawaii
Mystic
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Mystic »

gnerally the only time a package is lost is when the labels have been damged beyond recognition. since it didnt get returned to you or reach him then it most likely in the recovery center in Georgia. if you ride the post office you sent the item though, the postal inspector in your state and contact the recovery center they can usually locate your package. I would like to see you get your motor back despite all the trouble
1986 Spree/ Eve af16 swapped 65cc Prodigy vari 8g 9:1 Ruima gears
21mm OKO 42/100 32:1 45mph kymco zx exhaust
1994 Elite S 17.5mm Arreche, Daytona reeds, SEF ramp, pump plugged :D
1987 Elite SE50 af16 swapped
1989 Elite E SB50p
2003 Yamaha Zuma
eliteguy50
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by eliteguy50 »

Mystic wrote:gnerally the only time a package is lost is when the labels have been damged beyond recognition. since it didnt get returned to you or reach him then it most likely in the recovery center in Georgia. if you ride the post office you sent the item though, the postal inspector in your state and contact the recovery center they can usually locate your package. I would like to see you get your motor back despite all the trouble
This info should be in a sticky.
motormike wrote:Errands become adventures.
Mystic
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Mystic »

It takes forever to file an insurance claim and you generally have to have had an appraisal of the item to verify its value. Shipping insurance is a waste of money. I hope Patrick does the right thing but I would definately tell the postal office to return the motor to you NOT him
1986 Spree/ Eve af16 swapped 65cc Prodigy vari 8g 9:1 Ruima gears
21mm OKO 42/100 32:1 45mph kymco zx exhaust
1994 Elite S 17.5mm Arreche, Daytona reeds, SEF ramp, pump plugged :D
1987 Elite SE50 af16 swapped
1989 Elite E SB50p
2003 Yamaha Zuma
bakaracer
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by bakaracer »

next time anybody has to ship something another member bought from them, please buy the delivery confirmation also. that way you can track the box so you know where you have to call if it gets lost for some reason. its only .80 for it.
Nothing like getting stroked!
Thanks to my sponsors
Nos Energy Drinks,themopedcompany.com,nwautoevents.com,Cycle Gear
90 honda dio sp 72cc
87 elite 50 s with 86cc watercooled mini stroke
87 elite 50 race bike mhr 72cc
91 yamaha tzr 250r
KingJeff801
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by KingJeff801 »

bakaracer wrote:next time anybody has to ship something another member bought from them, please buy the delivery confirmation also. that way you can track the box so you know where you have to call if it gets lost for some reason. its only .80 for it.

I bought confirmation and insurance?
2001 Elite S
72cc Corsa
24mm OKO
Scorpion Pipe

Pic and Vid post

Gun Post

Wrong Side Kings 4 Life