My Aero 50 Complete

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

the496rocket
Goped
Goped

My Aero 50 Complete

Post by the496rocket »

I havent posted on this board since about late last fall, dont know if you guys remember me, I was restoring an 86 Honda Aero 50 that we have had since 86, I have a lot of questions about aftermarket exhaust, and the 70cc kit, and painting. Well, it has been done now since then, and it is finally warm enough here to get it our, I took some pics to see what you guys think. A couple of pics of what it was, and what it is now. I dont like to brag, but I think I am safe to say I did a great job. Now it doesn;t look like it has just over 8,000 miles on it. I am really proud of this Aero, and I love riding it, with the 70cc kit, it flies.

Here is the website for the pics. Please take time to look at them and tell me what you think. There are a lot of them.

www.mfstpa.com/aero.htm

I ended up have great luck painting the body panels, I had a terrible time at first, but learned how to do it, and they are smooth as glass.

Eric
bitteraspects
CB900F
CB900F

Post by bitteraspects »

looks very clean. gotta love the paint with the oem stickers. lookin good
hrnytrtlsgsxr
Elite
Elite

Post by hrnytrtlsgsxr »

very good restoration job on the spree
MySpree
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by MySpree »

thats an aero buddy, and yea nice, and thats an 86? i thought only 85's had no kickstart like mine, im working on restoring my 85 aero 50, im gonna make it black with grabber green decales, so far i have my panals being painted black, and i have a dimond plate floor board, i have a 65cc kit, a spree variator, a koso adjustible cluch ( still havent put on ) kevlar skinny belt, #2 drive plate, polished up intake ports with filed down intake, adn ports, wild lion exhaust ( on its way in the mail!!!... from the uk :cry: ) rejetted carb ( finnaly got an aero carb! ) shoot shiney coil ( with shortened wire ) split fire plug, new street tires, new brakes, new innertubes, polished engine ( sitting on dest right now waiting for pipe to come ) and i think thats all, so far... im still waiting on my honda tact rims. im gonna get them cromed at my dads work.
rmadelson
Noob
Noob

Nice work

Post by rmadelson »

Your Aero looks great, nice work.

I just picked up two Sprees this week -- a 1985 and 1986. I'd like to paint them. Could you please tell me how you did it?

thanks,

Rob
eman916
BMX
BMX

Post by eman916 »

Nice job! 8)
I'm currently thinking of what color I want my AERO 50 to be repainted.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v282/ ... Aero%2050/
-=_EmaN_=-
MySpree
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by MySpree »

that would look good in a metallic darb blue.
-aL-
Elite
Elite

Post by -aL- »

so shiney, you can see yourself in the panel... literally
Ridin' Dirty on one of my 1989 Honda Elite E's
MySpree
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by MySpree »

mines gonna be so nice..!
the496rocket
Goped
Goped

Aero

Post by the496rocket »

Yeah, its an 86, the closeup pic of the engine I did not have the kickstart on, but it is on on the other pics. 85 did not have a kickstart, the original case that was on it was not the right one, the kickstart case was not on it for some reason, but I painted and put it on. But its for sure an 86.

As for painting, is is kind of a pain, I used krylon fusion and white primer, and I primered it a ton, and let it sit for about a week, then wetsanded it and then sprayed about 4 light coats of fusion on it and let them sit for about 2 weeks, then I wetsanded them to get rid of the "orange peel" and then buffed with polish and finally wax, it takes some practice. Email me if you want more detail.

Hey myspree, be sure to let me know how that wild lion works and if it is louder, I was thinking of getting one for the bigger engine.

Eric
MySpree
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by MySpree »

were you gonna get urs from?
the496rocket
Goped
Goped

aero

Post by the496rocket »

The guy I bought my 70cc kit from had a lot of performance parts for the aero, I just need to contact him. I am also going to get a bigger carb to feed the bigger engine, and get the thing moving.
darat
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by darat »

oh i have a 65cc oh welll
MICHIGAN MOPED MAFIA Co Founder VET OG. 95 YAMAHA JOG 70CC
MySpree
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by MySpree »

is this guy at yahoo? and is his email daywot? becues if it is he is all out of pipes, promas and wildlions
hrnytrtlsgsxr
Elite
Elite

Post by hrnytrtlsgsxr »

MySpree wrote:thats an aero buddy
yeah no shet buddy it says aero right on the front and side panel.