Spree title

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

Ipuddy
Noob
Noob

Spree title

Post by Ipuddy »

Anyone in Wisconsin know how to go about getting a title for my spree? I bought a spree from an older gentleman who had it sitting in his shed for years but there is no title for the thing. I don't believe the spree to be stolen or anything like that. The guy I bought it from was an honest guy in his 60's. He never had a title for it either so I just can't have him get a replacement title. I did get a bill of sale from him though. Can anyone tell me where I need to start?
deuce217
CB900F
CB900F

Re: Spree title

Post by deuce217 »

Ipuddy wrote:Anyone in Wisconsin know how to go about getting a title for my spree? I bought a spree from an older gentleman who had it sitting in his shed for years but there is no title for the thing. I don't believe the spree to be stolen or anything like that. The guy I bought it from was an honest guy in his 60's. He never had a title for it either so I just can't have him get a replacement title. I did get a bill of sale from him though. Can anyone tell me where I need to start?
In most states you just need to bring the bill of sale and a direct pencil trace from the vin number and file for a lost title. Then they will issue you a registration. Then after 3 years you can get an actual title in your name. They make you wait incase it was stolen, so the owner has adequate time to report it. Good luck!
2000 Elite SR50 -THE PURPLE NURPLE
50mm BBK (tai)
26mm OKO (round slide) 135 Main Jet
V-8 pipe
39/18 secondary gears (7.583:1 ratio)
36 grams in Prodigy variator
Malossi Delta Clutch & WIng Bell- Thanks RED EFT
65mph GPS (on the freeway)
eliteguy50
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by eliteguy50 »

Is the plate still on the spree?
motormike wrote:Errands become adventures.
Bear45-70
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Bear45-70 »

Every state is different. In Washington the state police inspect the VIN and run it for stolen, that cost you $75 for the 15 minutes it takes, a rip off because the state is greedy. Then to a licensing agency, where you pay the taxes, registration is issued and tabs so you can ride it. If after 3 years, if there is no claim then you get a title. I would suspect very few states would accept a pencil tracing of the VIN. The best route is to call your local licensing agency and ask.
Bear 45/70

'83 Aero 80 X 3
'84 Aero 80 X 3

'85 Aero 80
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'84 Aero 125
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'85 Aero 50
'85 Spree
martynkim
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by martynkim »

Bear45-70 wrote:Every state is different. In Washington the state police inspect the VIN and run it for stolen, that cost you $75 for the 15 minutes it takes, a rip off because the state is greedy. Then to a licensing agency, where you pay the taxes, registration is issued and tabs so you can ride it. If after 3 years, if there is no claim then you get a title. I would suspect very few states would accept a pencil tracing of the VIN. The best route is to call your local licensing agency and ask.

Bear, you forgot after 3 years pay for the title transfer (another $25)
Need parts? Parting out Spree Aero and Elite!
What people share about buying from me http://www.hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewto ... =1&t=15559
PM me with your needs Cheap Parts
Bear45-70
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Bear45-70 »

martynkim wrote:
Bear45-70 wrote:Every state is different. In Washington the state police inspect the VIN and run it for stolen, that cost you $75 for the 15 minutes it takes, a rip off because the state is greedy. Then to a licensing agency, where you pay the taxes, registration is issued and tabs so you can ride it. If after 3 years, if there is no claim then you get a title. I would suspect very few states would accept a pencil tracing of the VIN. The best route is to call your local licensing agency and ask.

Bear, you forgot after 3 years pay for the title transfer (another $25)
True. I never claimed it was cheap, as so many on Craigslist do.
Bear 45/70

'83 Aero 80 X 3
'84 Aero 80 X 3

'85 Aero 80
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'84 Aero 125
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'85 Aero 50
'85 Spree
fatcharlie
Goped
Goped

Post by fatcharlie »

d***... even People's Republik of Kalifornia doesn't charge for the highway patrol visit... (At least they didn't last time I dealt with them)

(I'd trade 75 bucks for the inspection to have Shall Issue CCW though)
1986 NB50
Bear45-70
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Bear45-70 »

fatcharlie wrote:
d***... even People's Republik of Kalifornia doesn't charge for the highway patrol visit... (At least they didn't last time I dealt with them)

(I'd trade 75 bucks for the inspection to have Shall Issue CCW though)
Not only shall issue, but no schooling required as it is a Constitutional right they are violating.
Bear 45/70

'83 Aero 80 X 3
'84 Aero 80 X 3

'85 Aero 80
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'84 Aero 125
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'85 Aero 50
'85 Spree
deuce217
CB900F
CB900F

Post by deuce217 »

That pencil trace was for Washington State. But I live in Yakima, they might be more easy going here. I know how the West side of the mountains can be.
2000 Elite SR50 -THE PURPLE NURPLE
50mm BBK (tai)
26mm OKO (round slide) 135 Main Jet
V-8 pipe
39/18 secondary gears (7.583:1 ratio)
36 grams in Prodigy variator
Malossi Delta Clutch & WIng Bell- Thanks RED EFT
65mph GPS (on the freeway)
Bear45-70
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Bear45-70 »

deuce217 wrote:
That pencil trace was for Washington State. But I live in Yakima, they might be more easy going here. I know how the West side of the mountains can be.
Somebody broke the law. That flat out is not legal in Washington State.
Bear 45/70

'83 Aero 80 X 3
'84 Aero 80 X 3

'85 Aero 80
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'84 Aero 125
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'85 Aero 50
'85 Spree
Ipuddy
Noob
Noob

Post by Ipuddy »

Thank you all for your post. My spree does have all the plastic and is in really good shape. I am going to be calling the DMV on Monday to see we're I need to start. Like I said I do have a bill of sale and the guy I bought it from was a really honest guy. Thank you all.
Accolay
Goped
Goped

Post by Accolay »

I figured out how to do this in Minnesota. But like Bear said, every state is different. You may find that it is a real pain and/or expensive. Although the DMV is a public entity and is supposed to be there to help you, they really seem to have their head up their * with this one, nation wide. The process itself is not difficult, but finding a knowledgeable DMV staff member might be. Seems to me that it is a very common occurrence.

Anyway, I asked a motorcycle guy from your state on another forum and I'll post if he gets back to me.
Trafficjamz
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Trafficjamz »

$75 just to run the vin and see if its stolen :crazy:

They do that for free here in Michigan.
new best 1/8th mile time 9.647 seconds @67.155 mph 310lbs total weight
Aguacate
BMX
BMX

Post by Aguacate »

Ipuddy wrote:Anyone in Wisconsin know how to go about getting a title for my spree? I bought a spree from an older gentleman who had it sitting in his shed for years but there is no title for the thing. I don't believe the spree to be stolen or anything like that. The guy I bought it from was an honest guy in his 60's. He never had a title for it either so I just can't have him get a replacement title. I did get a bill of sale from him though. Can anyone tell me where I need to start?
I'm kinda like in the same situation down here in Florida,
Today I picked up an 87' Spree in decent shape with a lot of extras but no title nor bill of sale.
I called my local DMV & they did a title search on the VIN and guess what...
The VIN did not showed up anywhere in FL, the Lady then performed a Nationwide search and the scoot did not showed up titled anywhere in the USA!!!!!! It has never been registered!!!!!!!

She advised me to contact Honda and get a 'Manufacture statement of origin' in order to have it titled here.
Try your local DMV first & see what they say.
+He who dies with the most toys wins+
Bear45-70
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Bear45-70 »

Trafficjamz wrote:$75 just to run the vin and see if its stolen :crazy:

They do that for free here in Michigan.
Well our wonderful Liberal Governor and her liberal cohorts in the state legislature took a 3 billion dollar surplus and blew it in less than a year on nothing and are now playing catch up now. So their greed and desire to screw the tax payer out of as much as possible is unbridled. Oh and the moron doing the VIN check and search isn't even a cop or a full time employee. Just a flunky.
Bear 45/70

'83 Aero 80 X 3
'84 Aero 80 X 3

'85 Aero 80
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'84 Aero 125
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'85 Aero 50
'85 Spree