Just got done with spree motor! Just look at it!

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

Aguacate
BMX
BMX

Re: Just got done with spree motor! Just look at it!

Post by Aguacate »

Nice...
I agreed with ragtop89,
do the letter in black enamel,
it will bring the red out even more.
+He who dies with the most toys wins+
swimmingfree
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by swimmingfree »

NateHimself36
if you did a true porting job you have rase the port(((http://hondaspree.net/wiki/index.php5?t ... st_-_Spree ))).. by doing this you have lower the compression of this motor .... you shood do a compression test on it ....take the piston to top put in some oil in the spark plug hole and let it set for a fue then do the test and see what it come up with ....
swimmingfree
ps
klike the paint job :smile:
handicap (dyslexia)
looking for
se50 crank...

SpreJunk 87elite in a spree body
ruckus variator , 3.5 tire , 1500 drive face spring , a 64 bbk ,
8 gram rollers, stock carb , after market air filter and 105 jet
NateHimself36
Noob
Noob

Post by NateHimself36 »

I will do a compression test later today hopfully and post it up here. i didnt port out the exhaust nearly as much as i did the intake manafold, i honed a little it but mostly de-carbonizing and beveling the edges. For some reason i didnt even think about the cooling fan :l more stuff to add to the list, holw do you test a magneto? i have done it before a few years ago but i dont remeber exactly how.

Also, i decided to do the honda in black, i will paint it when i get clear-coat for the case.
Bear45-70
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Bear45-70 »

NateHimself36 wrote:I will do a compression test later today hopfully and post it up here. i didnt port out the exhaust nearly as much as i did the intake manafold, i honed a little it but mostly de-carbonizing and beveling the edges. For some reason i didnt even think about the cooling fan :l more stuff to add to the list, holw do you test a magneto? i have done it before a few years ago but i dont remeber exactly how.

Also, i decided to do the honda in black, i will paint it when i get clear-coat for the case.
Wasted your time then. The exhaust has to be able to handle the increased intake air flow or there will be no increase.

These engine do NOT have a magneto, the have a CDI (Capacitive Discharge Ignition). Testing procedure is to be found in the service manual.
Bear 45/70

'83 Aero 80 X 3
'84 Aero 80 X 3

'85 Aero 80
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'84 Aero 125
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'85 Aero 50
'85 Spree
66SIX
CB900F
CB900F

Post by 66SIX »

A red engine makes my bike go faster .
Who knew ?
Attachments
IMG_0706.jpg
IMG_0706.jpg (237.5 KiB) Viewed 5516 times
100_0789.jpg
100_0789.jpg (170.49 KiB) Viewed 5516 times
100_0639.jpg
100_0639.jpg (119.21 KiB) Viewed 5516 times
NateHimself36
Noob
Noob

Post by NateHimself36 »

motor looks nice:) and i did port it out just not ALOT. spent some time in there with a chainsaw file and a dremel. either way i was just killing time until my parts got there. So, the flywheel and magnet arent part of a magneto? i always thought thats what it was called.
MopedMark
Elite
Elite

Post by MopedMark »

Download manual. Read manual. It is a BAD idea to leave your oil pump in if you are going to be pre mixing.
NateHimself36
Noob
Noob

Post by NateHimself36 »

downloaded manual, printed manual, put manual in three ring binder, couldnt really make out which direction the head was supposed to go in the dark with the low quality black and white pictures lol. and, i am going to put a little oil in the pump so it has somthing to run on instead of pumping air. Eventually i am going to remove the gear. I will not remove the gear until i have this thing actually running. Stupid spark :( totally ruining my dreams. i didnt get to do the compression test either.
NateHimself36
Noob
Noob

Post by NateHimself36 »

got spark, found out it was my engine kill switch and those little buttons that get pressed when breaks are not in use. i got it figured out though. i have veeeery little low end though. veeery little. with some carb adjustment i got some back, and with some restricting modifications to my pocket bike exhaust i got it so it doesnt die up a hill. I am going to wait until the motor is " broke" in to panic. Could somthing be wrong with my clutch?
MopedMark
Elite
Elite

Post by MopedMark »

Why are you not running your stock exhaust? The stock piped is tuned for that specific engine. Running a random exhaust is a good way to do some serious damage. Do you have the stock air box and filter in place?
NateHimself36
Noob
Noob

Post by NateHimself36 »

I didnt get the moped with the stock exhaust or i would probley be running it. I just happend to have this pocket bike exhaust soooo i bent and welded and painted and now i have an expansion chamber exhaust on my spree. my blinkers are being retarded too, i'll be ground checking tomorrow, and mabey blinker relay ordering. i ordered a new air filter today because i realised the air box had the filter missing. I cut a peice of one of my shirts to fit (redneck i know). Also the rear brake cable nut-thing fell of the brake drum too. so now i dont have rear brakes.
I am running 32:1 for the break-in so after this tank ill be switching to a 40:1 ratio probley. That should help my bogging down a little bit too.
Trafficjamz
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Trafficjamz »

Your t shirt air filter will not work.
new best 1/8th mile time 9.647 seconds @67.155 mph 310lbs total weight
NateHimself36
Noob
Noob

Post by NateHimself36 »

i know. thats why i have barely rode it. I'm waiting on my real air filter and ignition coil/spark plug wire.
spreeman24
Noob
Noob

Post by spreeman24 »

Did you use any special paint on the engine? like a high temp or just normal rattle can?
ped
CB900F
CB900F

Post by ped »

Good work. you can't got wrong with red and black. black letter too. :thumbwink:
if your going to premix. make sure to fill the oil pump, and the block off tube with oil. it will self feed the pump. and not seize. unless your going to pull the oil pump shaft off? did you check your coil, and wires? keep up the nice work. :thumbwink:
Life's a trip enjoy the ride.
94 elite SR, 86 spreedio, polini corsa, keli variator, 8.4, jet. speed 65 mph
spreedio video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZr46_-douQ