trail tech vapor

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

tru72
CB900F
CB900F

Re: trail tech vapor

Post by tru72 »

nice always wanted to use it on my other c=drag bike but i dont run a battery on it, thanks!
Trafficjamz
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Trafficjamz »

@ tru72 the trail tech uses its own little watch battery, but needs to be hooked into switched power for backlighting. :nerd:

jetlag wrote: could someone tell me the settings to put into the gauge so i can have the most accurate reading possible, my tire is a 3.00x10 irc on a elite s rim. if not i guess ill try to enter it in as best i can. ill have pictures up when completed.
the most accurate way it to measure your own rear tire. too many differences between brands.

I always double check mine with a GPS.
new best 1/8th mile time 9.647 seconds @67.155 mph 310lbs total weight
elitedio
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by elitedio »

I have a trail tech on my SR500. It is a great little unit. My SR doesn't use a battery with power for the back light being generated with the engine running. There is a backup battery in the TT to keep your wheel size and time.

On my Elite E I put a Sigma bicycle computer. It doesn't do anything except speed and mileage but was 20 dollars vs 80 for the TT.
I made the sensor work by making a little bracket for the magnet with a bicycle spoke and using epoxy to glue the magnet to the spoke. A hose clamp was used to hold the magnet assembly to the front wheel. If you have an old pair of eyeglass clips that are held on with magnets, the magnets used in them are very powerful and can be extracted from the old clip.
1989 Elite E with 86cc Dio
Rumia 50mm bore, mini-stroker, 28mm Oko, modified m-x pipe, Carbonfiber reinforced frame.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKSvdjxvBUA
tru72
CB900F
CB900F

Post by tru72 »

LOL back lighting? haha over rated LOL
thanks guys for the answer!
jetlag
Spree
Spree

Post by jetlag »

could someone tell me what to enter in the pulse settings in the ppr i put 1 but the other one i just left all zeros i have picutres below. but this is what i got on the gauge on a short run bike wasnt fully warmed up and rode it down and had a friend following me with his gf corolla also and was about the same in mph and my cluster. but if my cluster is right my rpms are kinda low and it did sound kinda flat and took awhile to hit the higher rpms cause of the heavy rollers.

heres the setting i know what to enter

this is the part where i got confused

first test with gauge

and heres a pix when were just relaxing from a bit of tunning
paulpauly7
CB900F
CB900F

Post by paulpauly7 »

i likie the pipie
86 Nifty Fifty (spree)
ZX disk brake
Kitico 120kmh speedo
AF18 ZX ported
Polini corsa
Malossi crank
CTmani
24mmOKO
40pilot118main
Scorpion pipe
8.44 to 1
Michelin s1
71.3mph
92 yz125, 94 crm250
bakaracer
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by bakaracer »

yeah thats correct on the pulse and ppr. what number did you enter for the tire? what gears are you using? you using a corsa with the arrow?
Nothing like getting stroked!
Thanks to my sponsors
Nos Energy Drinks,themopedcompany.com,nwautoevents.com,Cycle Gear
90 honda dio sp 72cc
87 elite 50 s with 86cc watercooled mini stroke
87 elite 50 race bike mhr 72cc
91 yamaha tzr 250r
jetlag
Spree
Spree

Post by jetlag »

bakaracer wrote:yeah thats correct on the pulse and ppr. what number did you enter for the tire? what gears are you using? you using a corsa with the arrow?
for tire i put 1276, gears are 8.44 and using the malossi mhr bore no porting done to the bore just boost and open up the intake a take bit. jetting is at 55 135 c clip middle with uni filter. rpms and speed wouldve rose a bit more if i had more road. but a traffic light is what stopped me.
elitedio
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by elitedio »

I like your custom pipe!
1989 Elite E with 86cc Dio
Rumia 50mm bore, mini-stroker, 28mm Oko, modified m-x pipe, Carbonfiber reinforced frame.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKSvdjxvBUA
bakaracer
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by bakaracer »

how long was the hold to get to that speed? because 307deg is kind of low for a cht temp. you could be on the rich side which is making the motor loose some power. peak temp you want around 385deg.if its goes another 10deg higher sometimes , thats ok.
Nothing like getting stroked!
Thanks to my sponsors
Nos Energy Drinks,themopedcompany.com,nwautoevents.com,Cycle Gear
90 honda dio sp 72cc
87 elite 50 s with 86cc watercooled mini stroke
87 elite 50 race bike mhr 72cc
91 yamaha tzr 250r
jetlag
Spree
Spree

Post by jetlag »

bakaracer wrote:how long was the hold to get to that speed? because 307deg is kind of low for a cht temp. you could be on the rich side which is making the motor loose some power. peak temp you want around 385deg.if its goes another 10deg higher sometimes , thats ok.
bike wasnt fully warmed up, when i changed the jets bike was cooled down then i hopped on my bike and held it on a straight away couple blocks away from home. if you watch this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zB47PUFBXeE when the s and arnada kinda went at it that was my starting point but i let off a bit before the traffic light at the end. on a warmed up motor temps would go 340-350 wot.