Does anyone else have a FZ50???

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

MopedMark
Elite
Elite

Does anyone else have a FZ50???

Post by MopedMark »

Sorry for the non Honda post but I figured with all of the scooter fans on here someone might have one. I recently picked up a mint 79 Suzuki FZ50 for free. The only thing wrong with the scooter is bent forks. I have been looking around for the past few weeks with no luck. Just wondering if anyone has one or knows where I might be able to find either a parts bike or some forks. thanks mark
SuprasNsprees
Elite
Elite

Re: Does anyone else have a FZ50???

Post by SuprasNsprees »

Yup

No idea where to get forks though.

Be careful with these bikes, they like to soft seize. Even more-so when you put a BBK on it.
'86 Honda Spree : taz stage3 w/ mild porting, head milled 0.015", and pulley mod. 2k+ mies on kit
'80 Puch Magnum MKII
'78 Maxi Newport. Polini 64cc case matched, hi comp head, Rito alum crank, delorto 21mm race, etc.
'78 PA50 Hobbit
motormike

Re: Does anyone else have a FZ50???

Post by motormike »

I took a measurement of the FA50 forks, then I see that the FZ is alltogether different on the lower end. Anyway, the head measures 7 1/4" including bearing cups. FA forks should be plentiful and might be a substitute for the purpose of getting your FZ rideable. I have a parts bike(FA50). PM if you can't find some locally.
RideRed
<Gyro S><MB5><Honda Navi><Helix><Sym Wolf><Yamaha Razz><Honda CH150 Deluxe>
"Live Large - Ride Small"