Fed. Certification Label

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

thekingof7
Goped
Goped

Fed. Certification Label

Post by thekingof7 »

Hey fellas quick question,

I am attempting to get this spree retitled and have most of the paperwork finished up. There is one piece of information I am having trouble obtaining. One part of the form is asking for the Federal Certification Label Information. I do not know where to find this on the ped, and it was likely painted over by the previous owner. :cry:

Would anyone mind taking a look at their label and seeing if anything here is on there, its just standard information but for some reason I've had troubel finding it in manuals or any other posts.
1987 Honda Spree fyi
Manufactured By:Honda
GVWR:__________
GVWR Front:__________
GVWR Read:___________
Type:________________

This is the only info needed.

-Cheers
thekingof7
Goped
Goped

Re: Fed. Certification Label

Post by thekingof7 »

This is literally the last piece of the puzzle, which has consisted of about 8 forms, a trip the old owner and the police station to verify that nothing was stolen :ndance:

I'm fairly sure this is just a label on the spree itself, this is non personal info (ie. not a VIN) it just doesn't seem to posted anywhere else.

Thanks guys.
martynkim
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by martynkim »

I have never seen one. Let them know that they are dealing with a scooter. Not a Truck! They want to know what it weighs. Stick it on your bathroom scale and take a picture. See if that satisfies them.
Need parts? Parting out Spree Aero and Elite!
What people share about buying from me http://www.hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewto ... =1&t=15559
PM me with your needs Cheap Parts
eliteguy50
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by eliteguy50 »

This sticker was on the scooter but was probably peeled off. It would also have the front and rear tire pressure on it. I don't currently have a spree to check for you.
motormike wrote:Errands become adventures.
thekingof7
Goped
Goped

Post by thekingof7 »

Appreciate everyone looking so far, perhaps the right person will eventually see this. :D
Bear45-70
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Bear45-70 »

have you looked on the front upright right behind the front wheel?
Bear 45/70

'83 Aero 80 X 3
'84 Aero 80 X 3

'85 Aero 80
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'84 Aero 125
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'85 Aero 50
'85 Spree
thekingof7
Goped
Goped

Post by thekingof7 »

martynkim wrote:I have never seen one. Let them know that they are dealing with a scooter. Not a Truck! They want to know what it weighs. Stick it on your bathroom scale and take a picture. See if that satisfies them.
:werd: Tell me about it, I'm about to write 160 for the total, 83 for the rear and 77 for the front. Obviously made up numbers but it has been quite the task jumper through DMV hoops.

Still I'm gonna keep pullin.

-Cheers
Bear45-70
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Bear45-70 »

thekingof7 wrote:
martynkim wrote:I have never seen one. Let them know that they are dealing with a scooter. Not a Truck! They want to know what it weighs. Stick it on your bathroom scale and take a picture. See if that satisfies them.
:werd: Tell me about it, I'm about to write 160 for the total, 83 for the rear and 77 for the front. Obviously made up numbers but it has been quite the task jumper through DMV hoops.

Still I'm gonna keep pullin.

-Cheers
The numbers they want are the Gross Vehicle Weight Rating not what the stupid thing weighs.

Take the max weight rating in the specs in the manual, then use a 60% of it for the rear and 40% front for numbers.
Bear 45/70

'83 Aero 80 X 3
'84 Aero 80 X 3

'85 Aero 80
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'84 Aero 125
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'85 Aero 50
'85 Spree
thekingof7
Goped
Goped

Post by thekingof7 »

Bear45-70 wrote:have you looked on the front upright right behind the front wheel?
Well I'm an idiot :bowrofl: .

Its all right there.

GVWR:260
GVWR Front:77
GVWR Read:183

Yeeesh, ask and ye shall receive. :D
Thanks everyone, especially Bear.

-Cheers