A new time slip, new Hawaii record!

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

tru72
CB900F
CB900F

A new time slip, new Hawaii record!

Post by tru72 »

Had a blast today at the races! Perfect weather, good friends and most of all some fast times!
Ran pretty consistant all day, did 5 runs within 8.5/8.4.
Beat my old record time of 8.57@ 75 mph , did a 8.44@75mph! Also decided to hold it the ful 1/4 mile and did a 14.25.
Cant wait for the next races!! :thumbwink:
Aloha
D
Downsouthdio
CB900F
CB900F

Re: A new time slip, new Hawaii record!

Post by Downsouthdio »

Thats awesome, congrats bro!
Honda super dio
Corsa
26mm
Sparrow
evilone
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by evilone »

14.25 quarter :smile:. Nice!
2001 Honda Elite
1995 Yamaha Jog
1994 Yamaha Axis

I can't believe
that cop put me
in the backseat
when I clearly
called shotgun.
Dio89Elite
Elite
Elite

Post by Dio89Elite »

cheehuuuuuuuuuuuu! cherreh!
Awesome indeed! :2thumbs:
I wish we had tracks here on Oahu :sad:
SpreeMadness520
Elite
Elite

Post by SpreeMadness520 »

8.6 :wink:
130cc Stroker
1984 Porsche 944
1965 Vespa
KingJeff801
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by KingJeff801 »

Hellz yeah, great Job braddah!
2001 Elite S
72cc Corsa
24mm OKO
Scorpion Pipe

Pic and Vid post
http://www.hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewto ... =pic+video

Gun Post
http://www.hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewto ... =6&t=27051

Wrong Side Kings 4 Life
tru72
CB900F
CB900F

Post by tru72 »

Its getting closer to my goal of 8.3s, i was ready for the NOS set up but I found some new things and it got faster again. I guess i just need to build another bike just for NOS, but it will be set up more for the 1/4 mile. In my testting and calculations with NOS i might be very close to the world record of 11.9s. Initial testing with the smallest shot of NOS i gained 2 seconds and 18 mph in the 1/8 mile. that was tested with a slap together 102cc motor.
thanks guys for the encouragement!
Aloha
D
sanjuro
Elite
Elite

Post by sanjuro »

One of the few guys to back up the talk. :2thumbs:
Trafficjamz
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Trafficjamz »

tru72 wrote:Its getting closer to my goal of 8.3s, i was ready for the NOS set up but I found some new things and it got faster again. I guess i just need to build another bike just for NOS, but it will be set up more for the 1/4 mile. In my testting and calculations with NOS i might be very close to the world record of 11.9s. Initial testing with the smallest shot of NOS i gained 2 seconds and 18 mph in the 1/8 mile. that was tested with a slap together 102cc motor.
thanks guys for the encouragement!
Aloha
D

So this 8.44 run is with no NOS correct?

1.8 60ft !!! are you being shot from a cannon? :smile:

Keep up the good work!
new best 1/8th mile time 9.647 seconds @67.155 mph 310lbs total weight
tru72
CB900F
CB900F

Post by tru72 »

No nos yet traffic hehehe!

actually my fastest 60 ft is 1.83

Also my friend billy with a 72 i built finally did a 9.98@61, hes about 160, also on a heavy frame. Im in the process of building another bike, with a 72 just to show him that I think i can get it into the mid 9s, but then again i might be day dreaming with that 72 LOL
Last edited by tru72 on Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dio89Elite
Elite
Elite

Post by Dio89Elite »

tru72 wrote:Im in the process of building another bike, with a 72 just to show him that I think i can get it into the mid 9s, but then again i might be dat dreaming with that 72 LOL
If it's possible, I'm sure you're one of the few that is capable. ;) :worship:
:mrgreen:
motormike

Post by motormike »

I need a smilie with a helmet and a grass skirt...great work tru72. The 60 foot time is amazing. You're making scooter history.
RideRed
<Gyro S><MB5><Honda Navi><Helix><Sym Wolf><Yamaha Razz><Honda CH150 Deluxe>
"Live Large - Ride Small"
tru72
CB900F
CB900F

Post by tru72 »

:worship: thanks to all of you again!!!
With out positive support sometimes its even hard for me to keep my focus on the big picture. World record of 1/4 mile, 11.90s..
Before I started building my bikes for others all fast bikes came form Oahu, Legendary builds like Happy, Toba to name the really well know guys who paved the way of moped performance. I on the other hand come from the outer island, small moped scene. Now i have already proved to Hawaii that a small town builder can produce some of the fastest bikes in the states.
This all started about 5 years ago when i was approached by a local drag race club that held races at the track. Asked me if I wanted to bring down some of my boys and show the public that anything can be raced. I already knew that the fastest drag bike was built by Dave Toba, a legend here 72 cc. He was my main driving force in building fast bikes. Maybe in the mid 90s I called him once to build me a motor, he gave me some crazy price . I declined and told him ill build my own, his comment was you'll never be as fast as me..
heres a link to a super old page that is still up http://trxtrs.i8.com/about.html . Alot of people told me that the can of worms i might be opening isnt one to be taken lightly..I was like hmmm i wonder what they are talking about. So when i first started posting time slips in the Hawaii forums it was mostly all positive. then it started, the harassment , put down saying my stuff was slow, I would never beat his time slips on and on.. It was dave's so called fans and close friends giving me even more fuel for my fire. Even once a while back someone appeared here and started to bash me about racing. Hawaii people take their moped speed and claims very seriously. Its put up or shut up here. As in everything i just ignored it and slowly people that I didnt even know started to stand up and say positive things im my behalf, very similar to here! Long story short, Once i beat his record numbers no one says nothing anymore.. No more haters lol... for now...

just thought I share a small part of that story with you guys to show you all that with hard work and determinations anything can be done!

Aloha
D
maddog
CB900F
CB900F

Post by maddog »

Sorry local boy i was born and raised for the 1/4 mile and my aero is street legal :smile:
some people dream of speed, i own your dreams!
tru72
CB900F
CB900F

Post by tru72 »

maddog wrote:Sorry local boy i was born and raised for the 1/4 mile and my aero is street legal :smile:
:worship: