Knobby Tires

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

BluPhire
Elite
Elite

Post by BluPhire »

When did we quit talking about "Knobby Tires"?
I try to fix things with a hammer and wrench!
vette76
CB900F
CB900F

Post by vette76 »

noiseguy wrote:The Aero 50 has a 3-gear rearend and a variator, different reeds and probably carb. It's quite a bit different from the Spree. The Aero variator would not fit my '84 Spree, but might fit yours based on your pics (which is interesting.)

MRFIXIT actually installed a newer Elite 50 motor, not new parts into the Spree cases (which is what I thought he'd done originally.) An Elite 50 plant is a much better starting platform for mods, and comes close to bolting up in place of the Spree plant.
noisguy,
i hate to bring this up again but do u still have that aero variator? if so, is there any chance you can measure all dimensions i would nee to make it work.
(like how far from casing to inner pulley, width, diameter of pulley,and hole, and last the starter gear. i will try to measure all this when i get home to see if that variator would fit an elite sb50 caseing. i have the casing but this was not origionally designed for a variator.(sb50)
00' sa-50 slammed and stretched
89' elite sb, with a 99' af16, (SOLD)
87' spree (SOLD
87' mustang gt vert kenne bell, irs.
90' mustang notch turbo drag car
12' wrx
vette76
CB900F
CB900F

Post by vette76 »

oh, also. would u be willing to sell that variator?if it will fit.
00' sa-50 slammed and stretched
89' elite sb, with a 99' af16, (SOLD)
87' spree (SOLD
87' mustang gt vert kenne bell, irs.
90' mustang notch turbo drag car
12' wrx