Knobby Tires

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

Shane4188
Spree
Spree

Post by Shane4188 »

Can you say, ouch!
vette76
CB900F
CB900F

Post by vette76 »

if you can even get the words out with a paintball jammed up ur *. what would u tell the doctor?
Tippmann98
Spree
Spree

Post by Tippmann98 »

Yeah, frozen paintballs * hurt. Its like throwing rocks at people... The onyl differance is its with a gun at about 300MPH. I do need nitro because C02 sorta messes with my e-bolt lines.
BluPhire
Elite
Elite

Post by BluPhire »

OH.
I try to fix things with a hammer and wrench!
Tippmann98
Spree
Spree

Post by Tippmann98 »

Yeah... outch
BluPhire
Elite
Elite

Post by BluPhire »

Today I picked up the Tire Irons from my friend to ease the pain of putting the tire on. lol. Funny thing is, I STILL don't have the tire, but I DO have soap and water and Tire Irons for when it finally comes. It's kinda like having a baby and preparing for it, even though I wouldn't personally know I can kinda guess.
Shane4188
Spree
Spree

Post by Shane4188 »

I actually don't have a problem with putting tires on, it is very easy on sprees. I just manhandle it on just a little at a time, no soap or anything. Just be careful not to puncture the tube. lol
burnt_toast
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by burnt_toast »

Shane4188 wrote:I actually don't have a problem with putting tires on, it is very easy on sprees. I just manhandle it on just a little at a time, no soap or anything. Just be careful not to puncture the tube. lol
same here. had to do this about 4 times total. 2 when i first got the spree. another time after the back tire blew out 8O . then again after innertube had a hole after replacing the blowout.
BluPhire
Elite
Elite

Post by BluPhire »

Well, I guess I'll see how it goes. Did you guys have trouble getting it off though? I had a * of a time geiitng it off.
vette76
CB900F
CB900F

Post by vette76 »

i bought a new tire once,and broke the cable inside it it was so hard to put on.it was kinda out of balence after that.
BluPhire
Elite
Elite

Post by BluPhire »

Did you use Tire Irons or screw drivers?
Shane4188
Spree
Spree

Post by Shane4188 »

I just use regular large flat head screwdrivers. I find it easier to take off old tires because there is not worry of hurting anything fruther, unless you are actually replacing a tire because it is out of tread. I have never really had one blow out, just a couple that leaked just a little. I have changed many tires. I put 2 brand new ones on my friends spree. The tires for sprees are VERY cheap, at least the ones I bought. They were only $12.00 each from servicehonda, and they are very good tires. Just be sure with a screwdriver to not harm the sidewall if you plan to use the tire again and especially when putting a tire on not to pinch the tube. Tubes are easily harmed by sharp objects as I am sure you all know. When you get it all on the rim, take the tire and kind of pinch it all around the whole rim to loosen any tube that is bunched up of that is between the sidewall of the tire and rim. Basically just make sure that all the tube is inside the actual tire. Otherwise you could risk a blowout and/or a small leak. The main thing is to just take your time and be careful when changing tires.
BluPhire
Elite
Elite

Post by BluPhire »

I'll take that into consideration when I put my tire on. The *' thing is STILL not here.
Tippmann98
Spree
Spree

Post by Tippmann98 »

or be like me and ride on a flat.... Lol
BluPhire
Elite
Elite

Post by BluPhire »

My rim is bent bad enough as it is thank you. lol.