New ped in the workshop...

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

fastplastic
CB900F
CB900F

Post by fastplastic »

Just picked up a 2010 Sunny jl50qt-8 with 2800 miles on it... now what should i be looking out for as for replacing and upgrading? this bike does have the egr and cat say if it "fell of" would i have to rejet or anything special? any help would be apprecitated...
patthesoundguy

Re: New ped in the workshop...

Post by patthesoundguy »

Wow cat and egr valve... Times they are a changing. Got pics yet? Love to see it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
Dude! Ya Can't Fix Stupid!
84 Spree stock
84 Spree Dio AF18E MHR Cylinder Arrow Pipe 28mm OKO
80 Express, 47mm DR BBKit, Weak Ends Intake, Boyesen Dual stage reeds, 19mm Delorto carb, MLM pipe
79 Express
85 Aero 80 stock
84 elite 125 stock
ajgreear
BMX
BMX

Post by ajgreear »

It's Chinese. Do yourself a favor and light it on fire and push it down the driveway. Then buy a Honda. You'll save yourself time, money, tears, loved ones, blood and alcoholism. 99% of those are garbage. A truly disposable moped, once something breaks its usually junk.
fastplastic
CB900F
CB900F

Post by fastplastic »

ajgreear wrote:It's Chinese. Do yourself a favor and light it on fire and push it down the driveway. Then buy a Honda. You'll save yourself time, money, tears, loved ones, blood and alcoholism. 99% of those are garbage. A truly disposable moped, once something breaks its usually junk.
I have Honda's Love them wanna play with something else.... these can be good bikes just have to replace/upgrade stock parts.... doesnt cost very much when you have built a few hondas and got stock parts laying around :smile:
tru72
CB900F
CB900F

Post by tru72 »

LOL i repairs those all day long..
buy extra CDIs , they burn out pretty fast.
I would port and polish the head. of course add a big bore and cam. Nakaraku makes one of the better quality heads and bores that i have seen so far. make sure dont mix brands. say like a nakaraku head and some one hung daddy cam lol. they are different grinds. Exhaust, any crf 50 dirt bike pipe can be easily modified to fit. 5 gram rollers, no more than a 1k center .
many more things i can think of to do to them but that should keep you busy !
aloha
D
fastplastic
CB900F
CB900F

Post by fastplastic »

whats you thoughts on carb for stock and for bbk (it will be stock for a lil while) i just bought a chinese 150 24mm cv carb today used for $3.75 figure if its junk clean it up and have a sweet paper weight... and thank you for the tune info i have no idea going from the af16 to this....
fastplastic
CB900F
CB900F

Post by fastplastic »

can u give me a link for the Nakaraku parts all i keep coming up with is a naraku stuff...
maddog
CB900F
CB900F

Post by maddog »

Im still playing around with my engine, have the nakaru front pulley, stage 6 clutch, polini 17.5 carb and either a leo vinci gp or sp3 pipe will bolt up, and with a 70cc polini evo bore you will smoke a few honda's out there :smile:
some people dream of speed, i own your dreams!
tru72
CB900F
CB900F

Post by tru72 »

LOL sorry texting from phone
naraku.. hehehe!