Hi Everybody

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

burnt_toast
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Hi Everybody

Post by burnt_toast »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqImkDgDwHU

Hey guys, its been a while and I just want to say hello. :hi: My name is Yan and I used to be a scooterholic. Been sober for almost 2 years now.. :oops:

Now that thats out the way, just want to check in and see whats new. To those that don't know me, I've been around scooters for the past 11yrs or so and have watched hondaspree.net evolve along the way. Scooters were my life and I've built many and shared plenty on the forums. (ps I was the one that pioneered adding all the extra smilies :nerd: ). But after needing longer distance transportation for a new job I finally switched over to the dark side, got me a 2004 Honda 599 (aka CB600F, basically a street tuned naked CBR600) then proceeded to downsize my scooter stable and let my scooter hobby fade away.

And now I'm down to my last and only scooter, a sweet Elite named Bumblebee (Prj Build thread: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=14941). I still ride her occasionally but I haven't tuned or modded a dam thing beside add oil every now and then.

Cherry, the red scooter on the left up top in our forum banner was sold about 2yrs back when I was strapped for cash. Still kind of regret that, but that brings me to the point of why I'm here. Just recently I had my scooter inspirations ignited and started thinking up of a prj. Planned to go chinese, get a 250-300 and swap into a 150 size framed scooter. (this thread inspired the idea: http://scootdawg.proboards.com/index.cg ... read=28953)

That was the plan, or thought of a plan anyway. And I figured I'd sell my Elite to help fund the new project. Then I sat on her and really contemplated on it, and nearly came to tears at the thought of letting her go. I'm a sucker for the S's and love my own very much, lots of cool personal history.

So I've decided to heck with the new project, I'm gonna revamp Bumblebee! She's currently setup for street, to do 50mph all day with lots of low and mid end. I've got a JDM theme in mind with a more race-spec setup. I'll try to hold on to this inspiration before it fades and I go away for another 2yrs..

Keep an eye on the prj logs forum and who knows I may just come through with it this time. :coolcruise:
projects galore :nerd:
kingkamehameha
CB900F
CB900F

Re: Hi Everybody

Post by kingkamehameha »

Nice to see one of the OG members back on. I always wondered what happened to you
ua mau ke 'ea o ka aina i ka pono o hawaii
vette76
CB900F
CB900F

Post by vette76 »

welcome back bud! now where in the world is bluphire?? haha
00' sa-50 slammed and stretched
89' elite sb, with a 99' af16, (SOLD)
87' spree (SOLD
87' mustang gt vert kenne bell, irs.
90' mustang notch turbo drag car
12' wrx
Wheelman-111

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

Hi Bee Tee!
I want to state for the Record that reading your posts got me where I am today. I know that's not necessarily something to be proud of, but still...
Welcome and I look forward to reading about BumbleBee. You still need to put some black stripes on the tail section, and get a "Stinger" exhaust.
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
tazland001
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by tazland001 »

Good to see you toast.
evilone
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by evilone »

Hi Yan :hi:
2001 Honda Elite
1995 Yamaha Jog
1994 Yamaha Axis

I can't believe
that cop put me
in the backseat
when I clearly
called shotgun.
noiseguy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by noiseguy »

Welcome back!
Admin, Hondaspree.net

Buy air filters and gaskets here (Ebay): http://stores.ebay.com/noiseguysstore
Buy air filters and gaskets here (Amazon): www.amazon.com/shops/spreepower
Buy a t-shirt here: https://teespring.com/stores/spree-powersport-products
kingkamehameha
CB900F
CB900F

Post by kingkamehameha »

Wheelman-111 wrote:Greetings:

Hi Bee Tee!
I want to state for the Record that reading your posts got me where I am today. I know that's not necessarily something to be proud of, but still...
Welcome and I look forward to reading about BumbleBee. You still need to put some black stripes on the tail section, and get a "Stinger" exhaust.
Same here burnt toast took the noob outa me. I learned alot from this guy right here
burnt_toast
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by burnt_toast »

Thanks for the warm welcome back guys. Im feelin the love :love: lol

Sadly pretty much right after my post work picked up like mad scoot has been untouched since except for maybe one ride. GAH

Not giving up yet, there's a huge local group ride coming up May 5th or so plus a scooter friend of mine wants to race HER Genuine Buddy 150 at the Salt Flats AGAIN this year and things I should join.

Just gotta find some DAM time so I can make something happen!!! :oops:
maddog
CB900F
CB900F

Post by maddog »

This was a spree forum only untill i started posting elite-s mods, so that red elite-s thats mine, wiseguy will confirnm this, yes i keep what i build :smile:
some people dream of speed, i own your dreams!
burnt_toast
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by burnt_toast »

maddog wrote:This was a spree forum only untill i started posting elite-s mods, so that red elite-s thats mine, wiseguy will confirnm this, yes i keep what i build :smile:
:blah: :crazy: :eyeroll:
kingkamehameha
CB900F
CB900F

Post by kingkamehameha »

maddog wrote:This was a spree forum only untill i started posting elite-s mods, so that red elite-s thats mine, wiseguy will confirnm this, yes i keep what i build :smile:
Lies
maddog
CB900F
CB900F

Post by maddog »

This was a spree only forum in 1995, my 72cc elite-s was built and i was posting, i still laugh when people use my posts to make them look good :smile:
some people dream of speed, i own your dreams!
burnt_toast
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by burnt_toast »

man i miss you guys. its been over a yr since i last posted... :cry:

try and try as i did to get back into it, Life just kept getting in the way. Ugh

Not giving up [AGAIN]. And have projects in storage. Dropping by to say hi once more :bump:
Red Eft Performance
Elite
Elite

Post by Red Eft Performance »

Well hello long time no see!
Red Eft Performance
To benefit forum members REP will beat the price of any legit/active Business/website

Elite, Dio, Aero, AF16/AF05 Cylinder kits,Clutches,Variators,Belts,CDI boxes,Reeds,Clutch bells,Pipes
Malossi,Polini,Fabrizi,Anything!

View products click => Here