Honda Elite 80

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

handsomedevil27
BMX
BMX

Honda Elite 80

Post by handsomedevil27 »

So, today I happened to stumble on a 1999 Honda Elite CH80.
Recently had a full tune-up/tires changed, has about 5,000 miles on it. The guy is Asking for $450.

Now, my question is, anyone on here an owner of one of these bad boys? Care to drop some knowledge on top speeds, aftermarket parts, and overall whether ya think its worth it to pick it up at this price? honestly don't know much about this bike...at all for that matter so pardon my ignorance.

mucho gracias
rowdyc
BMX
BMX

Re: Honda Elite 80

Post by rowdyc »

If the plastic is in good shape it is probably worth it. Ask him the last time he did a valve adjustment (labor only). It needs one every 5k miles or so. If it does not do 45 mph, you may need rollers/sliders and a belt (no more than $50 in parts but unless you can do it, labor is a :roll: .

Not many aftermarket parts to make the Elite go faster. It is just the way Honda designed it. Very reliable though
"It's a Honda!!!"
handsomedevil27
BMX
BMX

Plastics are in good condition - he gave it a fresh paint job and it is now a snazzy royal blue.

Figured there wouldnt be too many afterparts for the bike. Might try to talk him down a bit in price considering I won't be able to ride it around too much since all roads around me are 40-45 MPH. but thanks for the info!!
Pete M
Elite
Elite

Post by Pete M »

Almost anything you need is available from Honda. They sell for a grand here as long as it is in good shape. My CH 80 will do 40+ any day. Almost nothing available from the aftermarket so keep that in mind. I like mine.
89 Elite E
handsomedevil27
BMX
BMX

turns out he doesn't have a title for it which sucks cuz theres no way I can get away with trying to ride around an 80cc scooter unregistered :/

might make a cool pit bike though....
wentwest
Spree
Spree

Post by wentwest »

In situations like this you can try following the instructions and using the forms at http://www.ct.gov/dmv/cwp/view.asp?a=81 ... tr=|#30281

I usually make a really low offer and tell the guy I'll give him the money if DMV accepts the forms. I fill them out, ask him for the answers he has to give, then go and see what happens. Offer him $200. If he wants more he can file for a replacement title himself and you can pay him when he gets it.
handsomedevil27
BMX
BMX

wentwest wrote:In situations like this you can try following the instructions and using the forms at http://www.ct.gov/dmv/cwp/view.asp?a=81 ... tr=|#30281

I usually make a really low offer and tell the guy I'll give him the money if DMV accepts the forms. I fill them out, ask him for the answers he has to give, then go and see what happens. Offer him $200. If he wants more he can file for a replacement title himself and you can pay him when he gets it.
Thanks for the link! I have tried to talk him down, not budging. Hopefully he'll come around 8)
wentwest
Spree
Spree

Post by wentwest »

Sometimes a * is just a *.