79 Honda NC50 Express, barn fresh.

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

martynkim
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Re: 79 Honda NC50 Express, barn fresh.

Post by martynkim »

Culli wrote:Well, I tried a little heat to get the choke slide out. It came out. However i must have been in too much of a hurry because it warped one ear where it bolts back on. I will have to drill out the hole even, hope I didn't ruin it. Anyway If I need a new carb does anyone know if a 1980 express will fit my 78?

thanks,

Culli

It will fit.
Need parts? Parting out Spree Aero and Elite!
What people share about buying from me http://www.hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewto ... =1&t=15559
PM me with your needs Cheap Parts
patthesoundguy

Post by patthesoundguy »

Yup second that the flanges are the same. As long as the flange is flat drill the hole the nuts are in the retaining bracket aren't they? Worse comes to worse just get some of that synthetic cork gasket material and make a gasket to make the two flanges fit up and give in to the warp. I'd have to look at the parts diagrams but the 77 and 80 have different intake tubes. My 77 motor I got for my 80 frame had the oil line in the intake so either block the oil line on the carb and oil though the intake or oil through the carb.
Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
Dude! Ya Can't Fix Stupid!
84 Spree stock
84 Spree Dio AF18E MHR Cylinder Arrow Pipe 28mm OKO
80 Express, 47mm DR BBKit, Weak Ends Intake, Boyesen Dual stage reeds, 19mm Delorto carb, MLM pipe
79 Express
85 Aero 80 stock
84 elite 125 stock
Culli
BMX
BMX

Post by Culli »

Well, I ground the melt job flush (motor side), drilled out the melted bolt hole, dremmeled out the O-ring grove ( slightly melted a little bit)..Man what a goof. Anyway, I got it running. Took alot of cranks to finally run, but eventually once it started good it ran pretty good. It is loud though. I think I need a new muffler. or maybe a new doughnut at the exhaust port? I drove it up and down the street.
Cant go too far, dont even have it in my name yet. lol Glad to have it running, even with my screw ups. Thanks, to you guys for your help. I'm going to need more. !!!! Oh ya, I know I need front brake pads, cause doesn't stop me at all, and the rear brake works but about gone.

Culli
patthesoundguy

Post by patthesoundguy »

The exhaust gasket could be missing. I had issues with my brakes on my express it diddnt want to stop much at all, so when I pulled the brakes to replace them, the original brakes had the friction material all seperated and mangled. Ebc makes great replacement shoes for the express, they are the same part number as the spree :-)
Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
Dude! Ya Can't Fix Stupid!
84 Spree stock
84 Spree Dio AF18E MHR Cylinder Arrow Pipe 28mm OKO
80 Express, 47mm DR BBKit, Weak Ends Intake, Boyesen Dual stage reeds, 19mm Delorto carb, MLM pipe
79 Express
85 Aero 80 stock
84 elite 125 stock
Culli
BMX
BMX

Post by Culli »

Thanks for the brake pics and supplier source. I will get some soon. Bike seems to be starting better after running a little bit. I found out why it is so loud. Someone drilled 4 holes in the side of it, probably thought it would run faster. I stuck four bolts in the holes and wired them so they wouldnt fall out. worked great, now its quiet. Later I will weld a plate over them and get rid of the bolts. Everyone is riding bikes to work now that the wx is nice. I warned them that soon they need to make room for either the express or a gyro. Hard to find time to hunt mushrooms, arrow heads or go fishing with all the fun I have with my scooters. lol

Culli
fairlead
Goped
Goped

Post by fairlead »

Wish I wasn't so swamped with lawn mower repairs so I could see if mine would start!
85 Iowa Spree
86 Spree Limited Edition
09 Nautilus "Seahorse" (homebuilt)
10 Nautilus "Seabrook" (homebuilt)[/color]
79 Honda Express
67 Harley~Davidson golf cart