Discussion - Scooter Builds charter

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

bfowler
Elite
Elite

Discussion - Scooter Builds charter

Post by bfowler »

I dont know if I agree with moving his questions out of the build thread. Having it all here makes it 10x easier to find all the information since everything about his build is posted here. Now someone would have to look at the other sections just to fully follow his build....
vette76
CB900F
CB900F

Re: New Elite Build

Post by vette76 »

bfowler wrote:I dont know if I agree with moving his questions out of the build thread. Having it all here makes it 10x easier to find all the information since everything about his build is posted here. Now someone would have to look at the other sections just to fully follow his build....
agreed. thats how it is on most other forums. if its that important, then he should also ask in tech.
00' sa-50 slammed and stretched
89' elite sb, with a 99' af16, (SOLD)
87' spree (SOLD
87' mustang gt vert kenne bell, irs.
90' mustang notch turbo drag car
12' wrx
bfowler
Elite
Elite

Re: New Elite Build

Post by bfowler »

vette76 wrote:
bfowler wrote:I dont know if I agree with moving his questions out of the build thread. Having it all here makes it 10x easier to find all the information since everything about his build is posted here. Now someone would have to look at the other sections just to fully follow his build....
agreed. thats how it is on most other forums. if its that important, then he should also ask in tech.
Yea. Seeing others builds with all of their questions has really helped me take notes and understand what goes on in a build. I think a moderator should really re-think moving the questions out of the build thread... :?
mousewheels
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Re: Discussion - Scooter Builds charter

Post by mousewheels »

I dont know if I agree with moving his questions out of the build thread. Having it all here makes it 10x easier to find all the information since everything about his build is posted here. Now someone would have to look at the other sections just to fully follow his build....
For those new to this thread, the question moved was "what kind of wheel and hub options are available for the af16 engine? that is really my only real issue"

If cold to the thread, the discussion is over Builds forum guidance Link

I believe this is a great question and a win-win as when moved.
1) The answers are going to be plentiful and interesting to many, hence moving it to a standalone topic.
2) The poster gets increased feedback, when the topic is clear and in a technical forum.
bfowler
Elite
Elite

Post by bfowler »

mousewheels wrote:
For those new to this thread, the question moved was "what kind of wheel and hub options are available for the af16 engine? that is really my only real issue"

If cold to the thread, the discussion is over Builds forum guidance Link

I believe this is a great question and a win-win as when moved.
1) The answers are going to be plentiful and interesting to many, hence moving it to a standalone topic.
2) The poster gets increased feedback, when the topic is clear and in a technical forum.
But it seems posters find it easier to ask questions in the build thread rather than post in the tech section. If it wasn't so, they would simply post the question in the tech section rather than ask the question on their build. And for those of us who like to follow builds and LEARN from the builds, moving the questions out of the build make it incredibly hard to follow 100% of the build. Moving the questions out makes more work for everyone involved, including the moderators.
eliteguy50
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by eliteguy50 »

Moving the questions makes following the build easier, because the reader can focus on the build instead of the chatter.
motormike wrote:Errands become adventures.