I want an Af05e in my spree but I am confused?

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

2slow2go
Noob
Noob

I want an Af05e in my spree but I am confused?

Post by 2slow2go »

Sorry this is a bunch of newb question but all this Honda nomenclature confuses me. I am very new to mopeds/variators ects. I realize what variators do and I know I want one :smile:

I want my spree to go 35+ mph and get there quickly enough to flow with traffic. I am starting dental school in a month and want my spree to be able to flow with the city traffic. Speed limits are 30-40 mph. I want to keep my budget around 300-500. I believe the af05e would be a solid choice. I currently have two running sprees and one parts spree.

I do not understand all the af16, af05e, nq50, Se50,SA50, SE-05...... I fill like the list goes on? So I am having difficulty figuring out what I need

What motor do I want? I have been trying to research but I will read all af05e are not the same but when I find one all they list are af05e variated? Does the rear spree rim fit the af05e? will the spree carb fit? The wiring (what little there is) seems like it would be easy enough? what about the oiler? some of the af05e have a throttle cable thing on them? plug it and premix? What if I need parts for the af05e. parts seems to be classified by nq50 sa50 se50 sb50. What parts would I need?

Thanks for the help and sorry for the questions I just don't want to end up with an engine I cant use or am not willing to go through the trouble to use is.

I think something like this would be a good starting point http://www.hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewto ... =2&t=26593 but what else would I need

I just want to add I am not new to turning a wrench. I am a descent welder I have swapped a 3800sc into a fiero, rebuilt 10+ kohler engines, and lots of chain saw and string trimmer engines. So if the top end need rebuilt it shouldn't be a problem as long as I can figure out what piston/cylinder I need. I know I can do this swap I just need to figure out what I need?

Thanks
eliteguy50
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Re: I want an Af05e in my spree but I am confused?

Post by eliteguy50 »

4 bolt intake variated af05e in the USA means (Honda nomenclature)
1986-87 nb50 aka aero 50
1987 elite 50 aka se50
1988-1993 elite 50 (except elite E or ES) aka sa50 (not sb50)

The se-50 and se/50 is a catagory the venerable Wheelman111 invented to have a single reference for all of the above engines and to keep them from being confused with the non-variated af05e that is stock in your spree. It is a good concept but adds to the confusion when not all members use it.
motormike wrote:Errands become adventures.
Pineapplegti
Elite
Elite

Re: I want an Af05e in my spree but I am confused?

Post by Pineapplegti »

I have a core variated af05 for 190 shipped
78 Kromag. (Briton Bee) .. Under the knife.. Derbi pyramid port dual variated
78 flying dutchman.. e50 swap. mlm pipe custom tank seat.. gila kit
85 Honda spree . Af16 swap joerock mhr mini stroke scorpion pipe.