Pining the throttle for over a mile

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

1983HondaAero
Noob
Noob

Pining the throttle for over a mile

Post by 1983HondaAero »

I have a 1983 Honda Aero and I'm wondering if its bad to go full throttle for like mile and half going around 38 mph? I feel like the rpms are getting really high.
GKinTN
Goped
Goped

Re: Pining the throttle for over a mile

Post by GKinTN »

Others will know much better than I with regard to the Aero. However to me I would bet if your jetting is correct you probably are fine...

I will mention I've done 14 miles straight wide open on my '82 Honda MB5, but the windy road and a few hills kept it from staying fully wound up all the time as it hovered around 50mph.
martynkim
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by martynkim »

WOT for life, it won't hurt anything as long as nothing is wrong with it. Good way to find out....
Need parts? Parting out Spree Aero and Elite!
What people share about buying from me http://www.hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewto ... =1&t=15559
PM me with your needs Cheap Parts
patthesoundguy

Post by patthesoundguy »

I've gone wot on my spree for serious rides like an hour or or two easy. As long as everything is proper, like air filter air box and the like. Honda designed our little scooters to be driven by anybody and without any mechanical knowledge , and if they would blow up by going wot for any length of time, none of them would be on the road now, they would all have piles of molten piston in them and would be in scooter heaven. ;-)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
Dude! Ya Can't Fix Stupid!
84 Spree stock
84 Spree Dio AF18E MHR Cylinder Arrow Pipe 28mm OKO
80 Express, 47mm DR BBKit, Weak Ends Intake, Boyesen Dual stage reeds, 19mm Delorto carb, MLM pipe
79 Express
85 Aero 80 stock
84 elite 125 stock
patthesoundguy

Post by patthesoundguy »

I do wot for long periods on my aero 80 its fine. I also have a friend who has an aero 80 same as mine and she did a hundred mile trip min and did a good portion of that at wot it works finest kind. Mind you before she did that trip, I did all of the maintanace on it before she took it, new air filter, carb to air box grommet and every thing else. A little cooler plug might be a good idea if you want to do a ton of wot in warmer climate. The manual will guide you.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
Dude! Ya Can't Fix Stupid!
84 Spree stock
84 Spree Dio AF18E MHR Cylinder Arrow Pipe 28mm OKO
80 Express, 47mm DR BBKit, Weak Ends Intake, Boyesen Dual stage reeds, 19mm Delorto carb, MLM pipe
79 Express
85 Aero 80 stock
84 elite 125 stock
moped fred
Noob
Noob

Post by moped fred »

I ride my 94 elite 50 sr wot all the time for long times. up hill and down had no problems at all.
Attachments
010tqd.jpg
010tqd.jpg (17.94 KiB) Viewed 2600 times
maddog
CB900F
CB900F

Post by maddog »

Stock bore= all day long, i would go to a colder spark plug.
some people dream of speed, i own your dreams!