Build Forum Discussion

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

mousewheels
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Build Forum Discussion

Post by mousewheels »

Moderation to exiting Build forum guidelines has generated discussion in another thread.
This thread moves the topic to General.

A key point is what is the purpose and scope of Builds.

-- Thread contents:
1) History of Builds
2) Discussion moved from other threads

====
History of Builds Forum

We had a photo thread, but no forum to capture progress of a build. Thread readers, (not builders) requested a forum where they could view a bigger picture. Pics of the scooter at start, pics during the build, and info from the builds. As such, the forum provided readers with inspiration, information and builders got kudos.

TotalRuckus had a forum "Member's rides" which was posted as an idea of what we'd like to capture for readers.

Original Builds creation thread:
http://www.hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewto ... lds#p87706

-- Moderation inputs
Builds Clarification by noiseguy:
Builds forum guidelines

-- Reference builds examples following original vision:
Tyler VR - Spree Engine Swap
Polar Ice Rebuild
burnt_toasts build

-- Couple of Total Ruckus builds (selected at random)
http://totalruckus.com/phpBB3/viewtopic ... 95&t=81972
http://totalruckus.com/phpBB3/viewtopic ... 96&t=87767
mousewheels
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Re: '86 Aero build. 60mph?

Post by mousewheels »

Discussion moved to this thread
What happend to all the post that were here?
Builds strives to capture builder output pics and info.

Good questions/great answers: Q&A portion is moved to - Performance Technical - link.

--
Build guidelines link
Builds clarification link
Cam-V53
BMX
BMX

Post by Cam-V53 »

mousewheels wrote:
Builds strives to capture builder output pics and info. Good questions/great answers

Q&A portion is moved to - Performance Technical - link.

--
Build guidelines link

Well I don't agree with this. Those questions and answers have to deal with my build. Some of the things you moved there were not questions and answers they were suggestions to help with me achieve my goal. I would like if it could be put back to how it was please.
'86 Aero 62cc bbk, malossi wild lion, stock Ruckus variator, more to come...
bfowler
Elite
Elite

Post by bfowler »

Cam-V53 wrote:
mousewheels wrote:
Builds strives to capture builder output pics and info. Good questions/great answers

Q&A portion is moved to - Performance Technical - link.

--
Build guidelines link

Well I don't agree with this. Those questions and answers have to deal with my build. Some of the things you moved there were not questions and answers they were suggestions to help with me achieve my goal. I would like if it could be put back to how it was please.
+1 on this
It makes it a lot easier when the questions are left in the build itself rather than moved into the tech sections. Coming from someone who learned a ton from reading through these forums, the build topics with detailed questions and answers which then show results and the the step by step process to reach those results really really helped me. I think questions should be left unless otherwise specified by the original poster who asks for all questions to be moved outside of his/her build thread.
swimmingfree
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by swimmingfree »

bfowler and Cam-V53 i had my post split as well and im not happy eather heres what i got
swimmingfree

Hi swimmingfree!
Picture a glossy architectural magazine with new and renovation stories. Not a how to, not really fine detail of every step, but beginning to end output profiling their talent and visions.

Help builds out by posting your talents and progress. Here's guidance for Builds from noiseguy.

=== 2009 Builds guidance from noiseguy
--- This section is new, so allow me to clarify

The "build" thread is meant to document builds that you've done or are in the process of doing. The reason that it exists is that currently, "builds" are getting posted in General Discussion, Perf Tech, and Adv Tech Docs depending on who's writing and what it's about. This section has worked well on other like boards and seems an appropriate way, here, of collecting this information.

For an already built bike, this would be some photos and a list of things added / changed / done.

For a work in progress, it would be a series of posts. For example, post one of stock bike, post 2 bike torn apart, post 3 pics of parts / interesting things on teardown, post 4 shots of buildup, etc. These can go on for pages and over several months depending.

It's not meant for the following, which are redundant:

1) Asking technical questions on either stock running or performance parts. We have forums for this.

2) Posting pics of one's bike with no details or a "I saw this bike and it was cool." There's a home for these too, General Discussion. Bikes like these you won't be familiar with enough to discuss anyway, either b/c you don't want to or b/c you don't know anything about them.

3) Discussion on why you shouldn't post things there or general discussions. This should be a no-brainer, but again, there's another home for these, in General Discussion.

Everything clear? If not, post back and let's get this worked out as a community.

Best, Noiseguy

===
mousewheels
handicap (dyslexia)
looking for
se50 crank...

SpreJunk 87elite in a spree body
ruckus variator , 3.5 tire , 1500 drive face spring , a 64 bbk ,
8 gram rollers, stock carb , after market air filter and 105 jet
Cam-V53
BMX
BMX

Post by Cam-V53 »

swimmingfree wrote:bfowler and Cam-V53 i had my post split as well and im not happy eather heres what i got
swimmingfree

Hi swimmingfree!
Picture a glossy architectural magazine with new and renovation stories. Not a how to, not really fine detail of every step, but beginning to end output profiling their talent and visions.

Help builds out by posting your talents and progress. Here's guidance for Builds from noiseguy.

=== 2009 Builds guidance from noiseguy
--- This section is new, so allow me to clarify

The "build" thread is meant to document builds that you've done or are in the process of doing. The reason that it exists is that currently, "builds" are getting posted in General Discussion, Perf Tech, and Adv Tech Docs depending on who's writing and what it's about. This section has worked well on other like boards and seems an appropriate way, here, of collecting this information.

For an already built bike, this would be some photos and a list of things added / changed / done.

For a work in progress, it would be a series of posts. For example, post one of stock bike, post 2 bike torn apart, post 3 pics of parts / interesting things on teardown, post 4 shots of buildup, etc. These can go on for pages and over several months depending.

It's not meant for the following, which are redundant:

1) Asking technical questions on either stock running or performance parts. We have forums for this.

2) Posting pics of one's bike with no details or a "I saw this bike and it was cool." There's a home for these too, General Discussion. Bikes like these you won't be familiar with enough to discuss anyway, either b/c you don't want to or b/c you don't know anything about them.

3) Discussion on why you shouldn't post things there or general discussions. This should be a no-brainer, but again, there's another home for these, in General Discussion.

Everything clear? If not, post back and let's get this worked out as a community.

Best, Noiseguy

===
mousewheels
I understand its suppose to be about the build.... But how are people gonna build something awesome if you cant ask questions about the build. I understand they dont want a whole topic in the build section to just be questions and answers... I shouldnt have to go searching the forms to find things i need to about my specific build. I could understand if all I was posing was questions in here but that is not my intention.
LMH
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by LMH »

Mouse is just trying to save the thread from going sideways, although I'd leave it up to the OP but that's why I'm not a mod ha! Either way maybe post a link to the in between talk where it left off, kind of like a spoiler link, then resume the thread with in its own body in chronological order.
Cam-V53
BMX
BMX

Post by Cam-V53 »

LoveMyHonda wrote:Mouse is just trying to save the thread from going sideways, although I'd leave it up to the OP but that's why I'm not a mod ha! Either way maybe post a link to the in between talk where it left off, kind of like a spoiler link, then resume the thread with in its own body in chronological order.
well the problem is he moved more than just questions. I maybe had one question in my whole thread. He also moved updates and suggestions so if you looked at what he moved it makes no sense.
Kevinstonge
Elite
Elite

Post by Kevinstonge »

From the title alone I would have posted this thread in the performance technical section, then maybe when the build was done, or close to it, make the build thread in the builds section. I'm all for questions about a build in build threads, but the amount of questions and discussion about how to get the aero to 60mph screams perf tech to me.
swimmingfree
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by swimmingfree »

i have not posted on you post but have been reading along and yes he Fire trucked your post...
swimmingfree
handicap (dyslexia)
looking for
se50 crank...

Cam-V53
BMX
BMX

Post by Cam-V53 »

swimmingfree wrote:i have not posted on you post but have been reading along and yes he Fire trucked your post...
swimmingfree
Thanks. I'm not saying he shouldn't do his job but when i looked at what he moved i was like :*: ..... Now this makes no sense
Kevinstonge
Elite
Elite

Post by Kevinstonge »

I agree it is now very tough to follow the way it was split up. At this point it may be easier to just keep the updates of the build in the build thread, and everything else in the tech thread. When reading the perf tech thread, everything that's in there sounds like it belongs, especially the questions and suggestions.
swimmingfree
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by swimmingfree »

there is not miney of us then can build and not ask question or get input from other .... i cant and i like to here input...
swimmingfree
handicap (dyslexia)
looking for
se50 crank...

Cam-V53
BMX
BMX

Post by Cam-V53 »

Kevinstonge wrote:From the title alone I would have posted this thread in the performance technical section, then maybe when the build was done, or close to it, make the build thread in the builds section. I'm all for questions about a build in build threads, but the amount of questions and discussion about how to get the aero to 60mph screams perf tech to me.
I wasn't asking questions on how to get it to 60MPH. I have done my research on that. I guess everyone has a different outlook on what a "build" should be. To me if you are gonna ask simple questions about the build thats fine, but if all you are doing is asking questions then yes it is not a build thread.
swimmingfree
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by swimmingfree »

if inney thing he shood move the hole post not cut it up....
swimmingfree
handicap (dyslexia)
looking for
se50 crank...