Just bought a Zuma!

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

jbarb
Spree
Spree

Just bought a Zuma!

Post by jbarb »

I just found a 2002 Yamaha Zuma on Craigslist. Got it for 900 bux today. Holy crap does this thing rip. I was actually passing people at about 38.
More details to come.
jbarb
Spree
Spree

Post by jbarb »

The crappy thing about automotive or scooter brand specific forums is people
sell their car/scooter and move on, and sadly, I will probably be selling my Spree to put some money back in savings that I used to buy this Zuma.

I have learned a bunch in my 8 months here, not only about Sprees but 2 strokes in general. Maybe Noiseguy wants to expand this forum to include other makes of scooters, I would volunteer to be a moderator!
noiseguy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by noiseguy »

Build it and they will come? We'd need to find users and technical material.
Admin, Hondaspree.net

Buy air filters and gaskets here (Ebay): http://stores.ebay.com/noiseguysstore
Buy air filters and gaskets here (Amazon): www.amazon.com/shops/spreepower
Buy a t-shirt here: https://teespring.com/stores/spree-powersport-products
se50
Spree
Spree

Post by se50 »

I wish I had a Zuma sooooo bad. What an awesome price, especially for a Zuma II!! I found an '87 Jog for $550, but the guy doesn't have a digital camera. I did find a '88 Honda CR250 with Pro Circuit pipe and reeds in it, for $750. :D
1982 Volkswagen Rabbit 4dr 1.6l diesel (5 speed)
1987 Honda Elite SE50p with drilled out main jet, shaved head, UNI filter
1985 Kawasaki Bayou 185 ATV
1984 Yamaha IT200 enduro
1974 Piaggio/Vespa Ciao moped, pocketbike exhaust.
jbarb
Spree
Spree

Post by jbarb »

It would probably be pretty illegal if I bought and scanned a service manual huh? I did get an owners manual for it.

I just cant get over how huge and fast this thing is. It feels like you are riding a waverunner down the street. And wow, they must have put new noise regulations on new scooters because its SO quiet.

We saw 2 of these things at Rite-Aid yesterday and the owner said that she had hers beefed up to 70cc and it just pegs the needle at 40 but it goes much faster. My wife really like the looks of them and I reminded her that I saw one on Craigslist for CHEAP. So we bought one.
85stroka
Elite
Elite

Post by 85stroka »

jbarb wrote:It would probably be pretty illegal if I bought and scanned a service manual huh? I did get an owners manual for it.

I just cant get over how huge and fast this thing is. It feels like you are riding a waverunner down the street. And wow, they must have put new noise regulations on new scooters because its SO quiet.

We saw 2 of these things at Rite-Aid yesterday and the owner said that she had hers beefed up to 70cc and it just pegs the needle at 40 but it goes much faster. My wife really like the looks of them and I reminded her that I saw one on Craigslist for CHEAP. So we bought one.
If you want to go nuts, try to hook up with a polini evolution kit, those things can haul. Kinda pricey,but you do get great quality
Remember,everyone is human,even if there stupid!
maddog
CB900F
CB900F

Post by maddog »

The zuma is a fat pig that needs an evolution kit just to get it going, a honda with a corsa kit will blow it away- then again these kids think a spree is fast :cry:
darat
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by darat »

lol a spree fast ha.. i downgraded from something that went 55-60 to some thing that does less then 30 yeah now talk to me about something slow.
MICHIGAN MOPED MAFIA Co Founder VET OG. 95 YAMAHA JOG 70CC
jke
Noob
Noob

Post by jke »

you can download the factory shop manuals for the zuma and 01-05 vino from provo scooters forum.
joe
01 vin0
04 200gt Sold
05 tgb laser 50
06 daelim cordi
09 kymco sting
long gone but not forgotten.. 83 aero 80
darat
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by darat »

we should get that on here to help more then honda's
MICHIGAN MOPED MAFIA Co Founder VET OG. 95 YAMAHA JOG 70CC
jbarb
Spree
Spree

Post by jbarb »

Yeah, I found the Zuma forums, Its cool but totally lacks the comunity that we have here. It its dedicated to talking about the stuff that Provo scooter sells and how to install parts that they sell. Thats about it.

I sold the Spree like 3 weeks ago. Got my asking price but had to deliver it 100 miles. At least that way people dont come bug me when they have a problem with it :). I told the new owner about this place though cause it is a wealth of information on these old scoots.

I plan on jumping on the first project Spree I find so I can have a fun project and have something to bulsh!t with you guys about.

You should really consider opening this thing up to other scooter enthusiests. I consider this one of the best scooter sites on the web and still check the new posts, even though I dont ownt a Spree at the moment.
hrnytrtlsgsxr
Elite
Elite

Post by hrnytrtlsgsxr »

maddog wrote:The zuma is a fat pig that needs an evolution kit just to get it going, a honda with a corsa kit will blow it away- then again these kids think a spree is fast :cry:
if the zuma with the evo kit was the same weight as the honda and a corsa kit. Straight bolt on I'll take the zuma any day. That's why in drag the bike and racer weight combined has to be the same. It's easier to be faster than someone else when the weight is a big difference yet the cc's are the same.
Spreewell
Spree
Spree

Post by Spreewell »

If you have a Zuma you have to wear Zubaz's, people will laugh when they see how gehy you look. Spree's rule, Zuma's are shizzymotorboggon's.
hrnytrtlsgsxr
Elite
Elite

Post by hrnytrtlsgsxr »

Spreewell wrote:If you have a Zuma you have to wear Zubaz's, people will laugh when they see how gehy you look. Spree's rule, Zuma's are shizzymotorboggon's.
toobad the zuma kicks the spree's * in performance. You might look cooler on a spree but will take you twice as long to get there.
MySpree
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by MySpree »

* yea, id trade 2 sprees for one zuma