Kikker Bobber Stolen

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

westy_ca
Goped
Goped

Re: Kikker Bobber Stolen

Post by westy_ca »

Hey Mike sorry to hear about this...im sure police are to busy eating dounuts to help you out... best of luck getting whats yours back

:coolcruise: Brian
1984 Gyro NN50
gets me to work and back every day... well ok maybe not in the winter
soon to be a Taz piston
westy_ca
Goped
Goped

Post by westy_ca »

Hey Mike... keep us posted on how you make out ok Please
1984 Gyro NN50
soon to be a Taz piston
motormike

Post by motormike »

westy_ca wrote:Hey Mike... keep us posted on how you make out ok Please
Yes I will, Brian... :thumbwink:
The last communication came yesterday when the Nashville detective called me and said that :
"all of your efforts have failed to satisfy the requirement of the state to prove ownership.
Your next and maybe only chance to recover the bike is to file a suit in civil court."
Seeing that the value of the bike is less than $2,000., getting a lawyer and paying court costs
is hardly a winning combination. I will continue my crusade against the injustice I have been dealt,
and I will have peace in my soul knowing that TRUTH is the sword I carry.

RideRed
<Gyro S><MB5><Honda Navi><Helix><Sym Wolf><Yamaha Razz><Honda CH150 Deluxe>
"Live Large - Ride Small"
kingearwig
Spree
Spree

Post by kingearwig »

I like the test drive idea... :wink:
LMH
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by LMH »

That's very unfortunate and we all should think about this as we leave our scooters outside in the front or back yard unattended. The police are worthless. Simply for the fact that a kid got arrested up the street from me for buying a car stereo from someone and it was stolen he got arrested for possession of stolen property and I'm certain the po did not have the receipt for purchase of said item and the kid still got arrested makes me think your police forces are back woods idiots. A police report was filed by you I'm sure, that should have been proof enough the property was in deed stolen. The title is non negotiable you had possession of an item and it was stolen. So if the truth is that with no title you can just commandeer anything than your state is run by crooks and I propose any thief to move there. It's baffling and amazing at the same time that this could happen when just a persons word that a stereo was theirs is enough to make arrest and take back the property. Simply amazing your motorcycle is different. In all honesty I would just continue to file reports until something happened or start reading law books for cases similar to your situation. If there is than you can open a civil suit against any and all government offices that denied you your constitutional rights to your property. They are telling you that your property is not yours. There has to be some law for possession and ownership for vehicles not required or have yet to be licensed.
LMH
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by LMH »

If not heaven help your state.
bfowler
Elite
Elite

Post by bfowler »

Any updates on this mike?
motormike

Post by motormike »

I have made the decision to accept the loss of this bike, and move forward.
The experience has been disturbing.
I wanted to have trust in our law-enforcement agencies, and allow them to apply their
appointed duties of "serve and protect".
They have stated the legal position repeatedly, that being : without a TITLE to the vehicle, I have no claim of ownership of the bike.
There is only one option given to me at this point, which is to file a "civil suit" against the person who is currently in possession of the bike.
The cost involved with pursuing this action would soon accumulate to an amount far exceeding the actual loss.
In addition, I am in a state of health that the un-necessary stress will have only harmful affects.
After being continuously doubted, by detectives, that I have a valid claim, the only logical action I can take now is to drop it all.
I'm not happy about the way this has all culminated, and I fault the "system" for failing to recognize my proof of ownership as valid.
The most hurtful part is the lack of concern by detectives for what has become an injustice.
The attitude presented by all involved serves to make me bitter toward them, but I am not allowing that bitterness to consume me.
I understand the position taken, due to the "strict letter of the LAW"...but I take away from this an experience that
will guide me in all future dealings with vehicles, titles, bills of sale, and any incident that will involve police.
At the end of it all, the feeling that comes to the surface most often is this : My friends and acquaintances are more valuable than motorbikes, and they are the ones who will show compassion and caring, not the so-called "servants" who are paid by my tax dollars.
As far as I am concerned with this loss, it has come full circle, and the outcome is a very poor reflection on the law enforcement community....not me...Thank each one of you for your words and thoughts... :urban:

RideRed
<Gyro S><MB5><Honda Navi><Helix><Sym Wolf><Yamaha Razz><Honda CH150 Deluxe>
"Live Large - Ride Small"
spreeinkc
Spree
Spree

Post by spreeinkc »

Man that's BS! People get things stolen all the time that don't have title's! Like jewelry or any other personal property yet people still can be caught, charged, and items returned? I think they're being lazy and inconsiderate! Although all this hinges on whether or not a police report was filed when the theft occurred. (I didn't see if you said you had a police report or not?) If you did then the detective is an idiot and should be fired. If you didn't then unfortunately yes it's going to be very hard to prove ownership at this point... Sucks either way.
westy_ca
Goped
Goped

Post by westy_ca »

Yeah pretty sad when the police work against you and not with with...id be taken a test drive for sure Mike

:coolcruise: Brian
1984 Gyro NN50
soon to be a Taz piston