Kikker Bobber Stolen

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

motormike

Kikker Bobber Stolen

Post by motormike »

.....not a bad little bar-hopper....here's a pic of my Kikker 5150....200cc....was mine, got stolen...... :sad:
EDIT : Notice the date of this post and understand that the actual theft occurred October 9, 2010. This photo taken in my yard August 2010.
EDIT #2 : Police are fully involved. Progress today, 10/2/2013, but recovery is not assured.
Attachments
DSC00108.JPG
DSC00108.JPG (164.54 KiB) Viewed 6809 times
DSC00107.JPG
DSC00107.JPG (163.52 KiB) Viewed 6809 times
DSC00106.JPG
DSC00106.JPG (164.96 KiB) Viewed 6809 times
RideRed
<Gyro S><MB5><Honda Navi><Helix><Sym Wolf><Yamaha Razz><Honda CH150 Deluxe>
"Live Large - Ride Small"
motormike

Re: Forbidden Fruit....Honda Solo

Post by motormike »

My Kikker 5150 Bobber 200 pictured above^^....has turned up listed on Craigslist for sale about 50 miles from here. I have called and pretended to be interested in buying. Slim chance that i will be able to recover this bike, but I am going to take every step I can to get it back...after all, it is legally mine. The local police and the sheriff of the county where the bike is currently have opted to not get involved. My frustration level is quite high right now. the problem lies in the fact that there has never been a title issued on the bike...to anyone. If you are reading this, be warned, If you don't have a title in your name, in the eyes of the court/law, you don't own it, and can't report it stolen or recover it.
RideRed
LMH
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by LMH »

That doesn't sound right, I'd contact the attorney general. Did you report it stolen? Do you still have the mco?
motormike

Post by motormike »

LoveMyHonda wrote:That doesn't sound right, I'd contact the attorney general. Did you report it stolen? Do you still have the mco?

Bought from original purchaser who sold to me for $500 because he got scared of it after the first ride. He never finished the build, but submitted to Kikker for the MCO. The Kikker company is a bunch of no-count low-lifes that never responded to his request for MCO. I followed up after buying the bike and they would not respond to me either. The bike was stolen from me ...and the MCO was NEVER issued to anyone. The company was reported to BBB by myself with no success. I have the VIN #'s recorded in my handwriting, and can prove the bike was once in my possession, but the LAW will not recognize that. The police who took the stolen vehicle report refused to file a report on this Kikker because I didn't have a title to it. It is one of the biggest red-tape feck-ups of all time. I have NO LEGAL recourse that I have discovered yet... :sad: :sad:
RideRed
LMH
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by LMH »

Take it back I guess, mad max rules.
LMH
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by LMH »

No seriously tho sorry to hear that's such crud.
paulpauly7
CB900F
CB900F

Post by paulpauly7 »

take a bunch of dodgy looking goons with ya and take it with force if needed
86 Nifty Fifty (spree)
ZX disk brake
Kitico 120kmh speedo
AF18 ZX ported
Polini corsa
Malossi crank
CTmani
24mmOKO
40pilot118main
Scorpion pipe
8.44 to 1
Michelin s1
71.3mph
92 yz125, 94 crm250
eliteguy50
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by eliteguy50 »

Next time, try getting a notarized bill of sale. It is legally recognized and costs around $25.

Good luck on your recovery.
motormike wrote:Errands become adventures.
motormike

Post by motormike »

eliteguy50 wrote:Next time, try getting a notarized bill of sale. It is legally recognized and costs around $25.

Good luck on your recovery.

Yeah Josh...It was a build, so i wasn't thinking about it in a conventional way.
Notarized bill of sale would have eliminated the situation that is before me now.
Life lessons learned at a cost will teach you pretty quickly... 8-)
RideRed
66SIX
CB900F
CB900F

Post by 66SIX »

Mike that sucks ...
I think you need to go see it and take it for a test ride all the way back to your house .
Kinda late to tell you this but on a lot of my bikes I will write my name & phone number in an weird place
like inside the body panels and sometimes leave a message like to find out about this scoot call my # .
As for a bill of sale make your own ....
Mike do not be a victim get your stuff back or just leave your garage open and invite every crook over Dude get your stuff back .
Wait I just thought of something you have photos of it in your back yard and most photos have date stamps inbeded in them go get you bike back and if anyone shows up ask them why you have old photos of your bike ? One more thing what if the guy thats selling it did buy it from someone and is just reselling it ?
Once again get your stuff back .....
Attachments
LOOK OUT .jpg
LOOK OUT .jpg (34.3 KiB) Viewed 6532 times
Pineapplegti
Elite
Elite

Post by Pineapplegti »

If it legally cant be stolen .. test ride it and don't come back.. easy peasy.
78 Kromag. (Briton Bee) .. Under the knife.. Derbi pyramid port dual variated
78 flying dutchman.. e50 swap. mlm pipe custom tank seat.. gila kit
85 Honda spree . Af16 swap joerock mhr mini stroke scorpion pipe.
maddog
CB900F
CB900F

Post by maddog »

if it has a manual trans its not a scooter....
some people dream of speed, i own your dreams!
kingearwig
Spree
Spree

Post by kingearwig »

maddog wrote:if it has a manual trans its not a scooter....
Really? I was sure it was a scooter. Thanks for the clarification! :*:
spreeinkc
Spree
Spree

Re: Kikker Bobber Stolen

Post by spreeinkc »

That sucks but at least you have a leed. And keep in mind the person selling it doesn't know that you or it does not have a title. I would go and feel it out, verify it is yours, and go from there. If you do think they might have been the one's that stole it (not very likely) then I would just strait take it back! If you cant prove it was yours then they cant prove it was theirs and at least you have pictures from a few years ago. If you don't think they are the one's that stole it, which is probably the case, then you have three options.

One, again just tell them it's yours and your taking it.

Two, if they seem on the up and up you can explain to them that it was stolen, show them the pictures of it, and see if you can convince them to let you take it. You can tell them that if they don't you are going to call the police and regardless if they stole it or not it's still illegal to be in possession of stolen property and it is 100% yours no doubt about it and you'll do what ever it takes to get it back! And let them know you're serious! If they start whining about their money that they paid for it tell them it's not your problem. Ask if they got a bill of sale (which could help you in tracking down who stole it but I seriously doubt the person that stole it gave a bill of sale when they sold it. who knows how many hands it has passed through by now...) and if they did then take it up with whoever they bought it from. If they didn't then guess they're SOL. And if you can't convince them then see option #1. :twisted:

Three, you could always buy it back. I don't recommend this option but if you're not the kind to stir stuff up or if they don't have CCW in your state or whatever the case may be then this is an option so I threw it out here.

I hope you get it back. I've have many things stolen from me over the years and it's very frustrating having your personal property, specially something you really like, taken from you! Good luck and let us know what happens.
noiseguy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Kikker Bobber Stolen

Post by noiseguy »

Call state police and/or local prosecutor instead if you can't get help at the local police level. Having to do this isn't uncommon in small towns, unfortunately.

Assume you reported the theft and have a copy of the report.

Also, since this is a production bike (lots like it,) you'll need clearly identifiable markings that are unique to the bike. Non-OEM parts, paint, stickers, etc. If you have the VIN #, and it's stamped on the bike somewhere, that will work best.

As for title. Suggest that (since you can't get an MCO), that you apply for a self-assembled title. That is a title for a vehicle made from parts. You need invoices for the parts, showing their origination. Read up on it in your state.
Admin, Hondaspree.net

Buy air filters and gaskets here (Ebay): http://stores.ebay.com/noiseguysstore
Buy air filters and gaskets here (Amazon): www.amazon.com/shops/spreepower
Buy a t-shirt here: https://teespring.com/stores/spree-powersport-products