stroker guys, question for you

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

burnt_toast
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

stroker guys, question for you

Post by burnt_toast »

I'd like to know you guys running stroker setups on elites and such are getting for cylinder temps.

Trying to compare some data from my current project, need to know if I'm running too hot. :twisted:
projects galore :nerd:
85stroka
Elite
Elite

Post by 85stroka »

Depends on your set up.
bore ,crank,pipe, clutch,gearing, rider weight
Non ported old skool Fm51 bore,49 full circle crank, 6.8 gearing,KT prototype pipe ,stock clutch,160lbs,350 ish
But some guys run in the low 300's fully ported
Remember,everyone is human,even if there stupid!
burnt_toast
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by burnt_toast »

85stroka wrote:Depends on your set up.
bore ,crank,pipe, clutch,gearing, rider weight
Non ported old skool Fm51 bore,49 full circle crank, 6.8 gearing,KT prototype pipe ,stock clutch,160lbs,350 ish
But some guys run in the low 300's fully ported
I have 52bore, 42 racing crank, 19mm carb w/ 100main(undercarbed I know..), PG stroker pipe, stock clutch and gearing (=booko accel. :o ), more too but this is just so you can give me an idea. what do you think I should be running?

I just finally got a gauge to monitor it and it got up to 190 F real easy around the block and my friend with an evo setup it should stay around 140-180 F, so that made me a lil worried.
85stroka
Elite
Elite

Post by 85stroka »

Never heard of a 42 crank,Which pg pipe? they make a lot of stroker pipes,is a "Long"?
Temp seems ok, 190f is low, what kind of gauge and how do you have it hooked up? westach/vdo make some of the best CHT gauges.
burnt_toast
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by burnt_toast »

85stroka wrote:Never heard of a 42 crank,Which pg pipe? they make a lot of stroker pipes,is a "Long"?
Temp seems ok, 190f is low, what kind of gauge and how do you have it hooked up? westach/vdo make some of the best CHT gauges.
It may be a short pg, origionally bought by a friend from cycleimportshawaii, specially made for minarellis.
this is the pipe right here (on my friends bike):
http://www.provoscooter.com/vbull/attac ... entid=2144

and the crank is a 42mm with 52mm bore to equal a hopefully reliable 90cc beast. :P

this isn't a dio btw, its a vento zip with a minarelli copy case. the gauge im using is a koso deluxe meter. temp sensor connected to head at sparkplug.
85stroka
Elite
Elite

Post by 85stroka »

Ok, the pipe is not a stroker pipe,just a Pg for Jog type blocks,190 f, is pretty low, I just took my bike around the block and I was hitting 300f, I dont know much about jog type motors,But basically all 2 strokes dont do well above 400f,certain bores like Polini can handle 500F and not seize,but IDK about the Vento zip,since it's made in china.
It's air cooled or water cooled?
You already know that the carb is rather small, and that the gearing maybe to low.
Just keep it around 300-325 and you should be good to go,that is if it is aircooled
burnt_toast
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by burnt_toast »

85stroka wrote:Ok, the pipe is not a stroker pipe,just a Pg for Jog type blocks,190 f, is pretty low, I just took my bike around the block and I was hitting 300f, I dont know much about jog type motors,But basically all 2 strokes dont do well above 400f,certain bores like Polini can handle 500F and not seize,but IDK about the Vento zip,since it's made in china.
It's air cooled or water cooled?
You already know that the carb is rather small, and that the gearing maybe to low.
Just keep it around 300-325 and you should be good to go,that is if it is aircooled
its aircooled and my gauge only goes to 230!!! :?

I'm gonna try it out with the stock airbox just to see if that drops temps and how it will affect performance.

gearing is pretty low stock, but only way to upgear is custom gears or import and thats not an option right now. once I get a longer belt I'll get back some speed.
maddog
CB900F
CB900F

Post by maddog »

You have the wrong temp guage, my "stroka" engine idles at 300 fHT. will not go over 500 fht at 100+mph - and i don't do backyard work like the the locals!!!! :roll:
diosoljah
Spree
Spree

Post by diosoljah »

atarp
hrnytrtlsgsxr
Elite
Elite

Post by hrnytrtlsgsxr »

maddog wrote:You have the wrong temp guage, my "stroka" engine idles at 300 fHT. will not go over 500 fht at 100+mph - and i don't do backyard work like the the locals!!!! :roll:
it only goes 100+ strapped to the back of your truck becuase you can't prove it. If you could you would be smokin dave toba himself. Must not be a dio engine. Must be something else.
burnt_toast
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by burnt_toast »

hrnytrtlsgsxr wrote:
maddog wrote:You have the wrong temp guage, my "stroka" engine idles at 300 fHT. will not go over 500 fht at 100+mph - and i don't do backyard work like the the locals!!!! :roll:
it only goes 100+ strapped to the back of your truck becuase you can't prove it. If you could you would be smokin dave toba himself. Must not be a dio engine. Must be something else.
seriously, maddog is a big poser imo.