Back in the game

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

dem0nk1d
Elite
Elite

Back in the game

Post by dem0nk1d »

Gents,

IÔÇÖm back in the game! I donÔÇÖt think IÔÇÖve actually posted on the board for some time since I got rid of all my elite stuff. I just came across a 2000 elite with only 200 miles on it for 100 bucks. It doesnÔÇÖt run but thatÔÇÖs not huge especially for us mechanically incline folks. IÔÇÖm picking the bike up after work today. This build will be for the wife.

Do you think I can stuff the bike into the back seats of a 2001-2004 civic? If I remove the front wheel and rear wheel?

Also what have I been doing since I havenÔÇÖt posted in awhile???

Lurking on the board in the shadows
Bought and built a 1982 Honda Passport from the ground up
Owned a Zuma 125 for about a year until it got stolen (lame) fastest I got it was 72mph
Bought an Xt 350 and blew up the engine, parts were too expensive to rebuild
Bought my current bike which is a Honda PCX 150 (minor mods gotten it to 79mph downhill)

So all in all life is good, Im back to build this shhhh. Too!
"Like I tell people all the time Speed cost money ..if you have to ask how much then most times your not going to do it !" -tru72

--\\\Projects\\--
95 Elite Restore Project for Wife
1982 Honda Passport
2013 Honda PCX 150
patthesoundguy

Re: Back in the game

Post by patthesoundguy »

Ive seen lots of scooters in civic hatchbacks. I have a feeling you can slide it in on its side no prob with some help. My spree came home in the trunk of my car :-) its very cool to pickup a honda with a honda ;-)
Dude! Ya Can't Fix Stupid!
84 Spree stock
84 Spree Dio AF18E MHR Cylinder Arrow Pipe 28mm OKO
80 Express, 47mm DR BBKit, Weak Ends Intake, Boyesen Dual stage reeds, 19mm Delorto carb, MLM pipe
79 Express
85 Aero 80 stock
84 elite 125 stock
dem0nk1d
Elite
Elite

Post by dem0nk1d »

really thinking about getting a class 1 hitch, and a very very small trailer for the civic. The wife got a brand new 2013 Fiesta and still doesnt want me to sell the Civic. She loves that thing. I really want to get a mini-truck smog exempt since I live in California But doesnt look like its going to happen.

So class 1 hitch for the civic, and that cheap * HF trailer for 300 bucks. Boom instant scooter hauler!

But today is going to be an experience thats for sure. Will probably have to yank the motor if it doesnt fit with the wheels off. Oh well Ill post pictures tonight =P
"Like I tell people all the time Speed cost money ..if you have to ask how much then most times your not going to do it !" -tru72

--\\\Projects\\--
1982 Honda Passport
2013 Honda PCX 150
patthesoundguy

Post by patthesoundguy »

I made a hitch hauler for my scooters :-) works great. Takes upto my aero 80. Trailers are great as well because you can do so much more with them.
Dude! Ya Can't Fix Stupid!
84 Spree stock
84 Spree Dio AF18E MHR Cylinder Arrow Pipe 28mm OKO
80 Express, 47mm DR BBKit, Weak Ends Intake, Boyesen Dual stage reeds, 19mm Delorto carb, MLM pipe
79 Express
85 Aero 80 stock
84 elite 125 stock
Wheelman-111

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

Flash moved back from Deepinnaharta on one of those expanded steel hitch platforms; the kind campers use to strap their coolers down. Harbor freight has them for under a c-note, including a Class 1 to Class 2 adaptor fitting. (The plarform is 2", and Family truckster'hitch is 1.25) It was just barely wide enough for the tires to nestle inside the frame. Just make sure to strap the snot out of it, and check periodically on longer trips.
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
abreen89
CB900F
CB900F

Post by abreen89 »

dem0nk1d wrote:really thinking about getting a class 1 hitch, and a very very small trailer for the civic. The wife got a brand new 2013 Fiesta and still doesnt want me to sell the Civic. She loves that thing. I really want to get a mini-truck smog exempt since I live in California But doesnt look like its going to happen.

So class 1 hitch for the civic, and that cheap * HF trailer for 300 bucks. Boom instant scooter hauler!

But today is going to be an experience thats for sure. Will probably have to yank the motor if it doesnt fit with the wheels off. Oh well Ill post pictures tonight =P

I have one of these.. cheaper and less hassle than a trailer. http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/ ... aQodojoAnw
'89 Honda Elite SB50p STOCK
'85 Honda Spree NQ50 STOCK sold
'85 Honda Spree NQ50 48mm bbk, taz gears, 18mm carb w/ ct intake
'86 Honda Aero NB50 Stock In The Works ;)
'86 Honda Aero NB50 Stock
dem0nk1d
Elite
Elite

Post by dem0nk1d »

I'd be worried about too much weight on the tongue of the hitch. Especially since you're putting a downward force on the tongue. This weight would be the carrier, and the weight of the bike. Remember now guys i have a civic...

This is what I had to do to get creative on a 4 door civic. Remove the passenger seat, and the rear bottom seat foam in the back.

I'd rather not have to ever do this... But since this was an emergency buy and couldn't let the deal slip away i had to do this. Next option is this...

--\\\Projects\\--
1982 Honda Passport
2013 Honda PCX 150