Picked up an 1987 Spree this weekend

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

SpreeMarc
Spree
Spree

Picked up an 1987 Spree this weekend

Post by SpreeMarc »

I picked up a 87 Spree complete this weekend w/o Title just to play with. Why is the 87 a one year bike with everything different? Did they make it longer with the newer dash and panels in Europe? Ive had tons of 85,86 Spree's but never a 84 or 87. they seem to mor uncommon.

Thanks

Marc
808EERPS48
Goped
Goped

Re: Picked up an 1987 Spree this weekend

Post by 808EERPS48 »

Mines is a 84.. The 87 headset is the best... Easier to work on than the previous years of sprees on my opinion
84 Spree dio ready
Youtube me: Go RYAN Pro
True 72cc
70+/F/72
Reppin it for the 2+ class
Eastsydah Rydah Productions
#Handodat
KillinSpree
Elite
Elite

Post by KillinSpree »

Taillight with signal setups different, side panels are also made differently with built in fuel door and better quality plastic. I believe it's an all around better spree but being they were only made for one year that way they're getting hard to find. I have a red 87 and I love it along with my special edition 86.
1984 Honda Spree White
1987 Honda Spree Blue
Wiscompton
Goped
Goped

Post by Wiscompton »

I think the 87 Spree shares some bits with the 87 Elite R SE50 which is an AWESOME bike if you can find a non restricted one. I think they were replacing the Spree with the SB50. It does seem kind of foolish to redesign a bike that much then only sell it for a year.

I can't image anyone going in to test drive Honda scooters in 87 and leaving with anything but the SE50 R. Maybe the Spree sold poorly in 87 because the SE50R was just so much better in every way?

Then again there are TONS of SB50s around here and I can't imagine why anyone bought those.