flame thrower on a spree??

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

darat
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

flame thrower on a spree??

Post by darat »

me and my old man are going to put a flame thrower on my spree. umm well try to at least. so any input on this
vette76
CB900F
CB900F

Post by vette76 »

i was seriously thinking about doing this to my spree, but put it in my car instead since the flamthrower was made for dual exhaust.how are u going to do this? because i know a lot of people think you can put a battery to a spark plug and it will work. it wont! u need a coil, capacitor, relays and a lot of other misc. parts for it to spark the plug. trust me. i have a flamethrower exhaust in my mustang. you can buy kits off ebay. a spree would be easy to do because it has no emission control.

something u should think about bluphire. lol. i dont think your neighbors would agree though. lol.

if anyone is interested in a wiring diagram to do this i might still have the one that came with my kit. i know the parts are fairly easy to find. you HAVE to be electrical savvy though. pm me if interested. ill try to find one.
BluPhire
Elite
Elite

Post by BluPhire »

vette76 wrote: something u should think about bluphire. lol. i dont think your neighbors would agree though. lol.
Are you refering to my motorbike? If you are, how would I go about this? I just got grounded for 2 weeks and desperatly need a project. Not to mention, my Spree is OOO or OOS(however you want to look at it), and I have no Mulah to buy the parts needed.
I try to fix things with a hammer and wrench!
vette76
CB900F
CB900F

Post by vette76 »

i have a wiring diagram. but its no use without parts.the diagram is for dual exhaust though so u will have to figure out how to wire for 1 pipe. i think i am gonna put a kit on my spree today.
noiseguy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by noiseguy »

BWA HAHA! I have a buddy that's hooked up a system like this on his '59 Caddy. He's actively spraying fuel into the exhaust to get it to work well.

Best of luck; if you get it to work I'd like some pics.
darat
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by darat »

if i do get it working i will tell u guy how i did it. i want to know could u put dual pips on the spree
vette76
CB900F
CB900F

Post by vette76 »

well i tried it today and sorry to say it doesnt work. not enough unburnt gas to ignite it i guess.not on mine anyway. i guess u could richen the fuel mixture to get it to work. u could inject propane from a propane torch too i guess. when i had flame throwers in my corvette i added fuel injectors. it looked cool leaving two long lines of flames on the street. but i dont reccomend it.
Last edited by vette76 on Wed Feb 16, 2005 4:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.