What oils is everyone using?

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

mwilliamshs
BMX
BMX

Re: What oils is everyone using?

Post by mwilliamshs »

Switched to Honda GN2 for the last 1000 miles or so. ZERO smoke or odor. I'm happier. It's under $7 at the dealer which is way cheaper (like 40%) than the Motul I was buying at Cycle Gear. I'm way happier.
johnny248
Elite
Elite

Post by johnny248 »

mwilliamshs wrote:Switched to Honda GN2 for the last 1000 miles or so. ZERO smoke or odor. I'm happier. It's under $7 at the dealer which is way cheaper (like 40%) than the Motul I was buying at Cycle Gear. I'm way happier.
I used to use GN2 when I first had it WAY back in the day when it was new. Since all of the mods, I decided a higher performance oil was due. I've been. Picking up the Motul 800 2T Road Race from SpeedSupplies.com . they have the best price I've seen at 13.75 / litre. Shipping is $10.25, but if you get a few bottles of it, it still ends up being less expensive. I usually pick up 4 bottles which ends up being $16.31 each. More expensive than the GN2, but you get a slightly larger bottle and for $16, the added cost to me is worth it for a super high quality oil. I also got lucky on eBay a little whole ago and picked up 3 liters brand new from a regular guy for $30 total. Can't complain with $10/L. I'm pretty stoked up now. Nothing is worse than needing for fuel and realizing that you are out of 2T oil!
..:ÔÇó┬░ 1994 HONDA ELiTE S SA50P - Original Owner ┬░ÔÇó:..
~UNDER CONSTRUCTiON~
Hppowdercoatings
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by Hppowdercoatings »

<== Maxima 927..
MrJumps
CB900F
CB900F

Post by MrJumps »

motul seems to "clog" up the oil pump on the spree so beware its a tad bit thicker then the gn2. Unless the pump can slowly lose function, it has or the oil is the reason my spree seized. :?
johnny248
Elite
Elite

Post by johnny248 »

MrJumps wrote:motul seems to "clog" up the oil pump on the spree so beware its a tad bit thicker then the gn2. Unless the pump can slowly lose function, it has or the oil is the reason my spree seized. :?
Motul 800 is meant to be used as a pre-mix oil, and not for oil injection. I don't use the oil injection pump on mine. Premixed only. Motul offers 710 2T for use with oil injection.
~UNDER CONSTRUCTiON~
1man8scoots
CB900F
CB900F

Post by 1man8scoots »

Motul 510 technosenthese is for injector use also. 710 is a little more high performance, hence the ester, but for a spree 510 is great. I love the way 800 smells with race fuel. I run motul 800 or maxima 927 castor. Both are great, and sometimes I switch it up with a mineral oil from belray for a tank or two.
johnny248
Elite
Elite

Post by johnny248 »

I also like the way the 800 smells. I used to run Klotz in my offroad machines, which everyone thinks smells good. After riding behind an Elite that was burning Klotz for about an hour or so, it started to give me a headache and I was pretty much over the smell lol
~UNDER CONSTRUCTiON~
808EERPS48
Goped
Goped

Post by 808EERPS48 »

castor 927 burns clean, perfect viscosity, smells pretty good when burning, does build up heavy carbon over time though
84 Spree dio ready
Youtube me: Go RYAN Pro
True 72cc
70+/F/72
Reppin it for the 2+ class
Eastsydah Rydah Productions
#Handodat
johnny248
Elite
Elite

Post by johnny248 »

808EERPS48 wrote:castor 927 burns clean, perfect viscosity, smells pretty good when burning, does build up heavy carbon over time though
927 does smell really good. Reminds me of old supercross. Indoors with all that race 2stroke exhaust floating around.
~UNDER CONSTRUCTiON~
johnny248
Elite
Elite

Post by johnny248 »

1man8scoots wrote:Motul 510 technosenthese is for injector use also. 710 is a little more high performance, hence the ester, but for a spree 510 is great. I love the way 800 smells with race fuel. I run motul 800 or maxima 927 castor. Both are great, and sometimes I switch it up with a mineral oil from belray for a tank or two.
What are your thoughts on the 800 off road instead of the 800 road? I know it is a lesser viscosity which is supposed to burn a little better/cleaner than the road race on engines that aren't being run at wide open rpm. Wondering if it might be a good option for those who ride around town more as opposed to ripping wide open all the time.
~UNDER CONSTRUCTiON~
benji
CB900F
CB900F

Post by benji »

I'm using some lucas semi-synthetic I found at oreillys, it claims to remove carbon build up and it's smokelless. Scared the crap outta me, I filled up w the lucas premixed and about 5-10 miles later no more smoke! I thought I was gonna burn up the cylinder w too Lil oil or something until I saw smokeless on the bottle.
johnny248
Elite
Elite

Post by johnny248 »

Is there really such a thing as completely smokeless 2T oil? Closest thing I think I have seen is the Amsoil Saber that I use in my power equipment.
~UNDER CONSTRUCTiON~
benji
CB900F
CB900F

Post by benji »

Ya that's what I figured too haha. It's "clear" smoke or somethimg, cuz it still smells bad like a 2t. But I swear it cuts way down on smoke and my stock muffler doesn't load up so much and I think I might have even started idling better but I don't kno if it's just me or not. I used to use this "red" stuff for chainsaws cuz it seemed to run snappier w it, but this lucas semi synthetic is growing on me.