Carb Question

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

cobracon
Noob
Noob

Carb Question

Post by cobracon »

Hi all!

Does anyone know of a pocket bike carb that mounts on the spree and will work? Just figured it might be a cheap way for me to replace my bad carb.
sp00key
Spree
Spree

Post by sp00key »

i think not the carb on the pocket bike is alot smaller on most of those this there like weedwacker moters
MySpree
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by MySpree »

no you need an acual spree carb, what wrong wiht your carb, send it to me and ill fix it and for extra cash polish it. ( like shiney polish )
cobracon
Noob
Noob

Post by cobracon »

The problem is that the carbs been soaked in carb fluid for a week, blown out with a air hose and still is not working. It pulls gas but thats it. Doesnt move the gas from the bowl. I think it needs to be hot tanked but I cant find anyone in the GrandRapids area that will do it for me. :(
MySpree
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by MySpree »

send it to me, ill dip it in my dads shops carb cleaner, rubuild it and it wanted ill polish it.
cobracon
Noob
Noob

Post by cobracon »

How much do $$ you need to do that?
85stroka
Elite
Elite

Post by 85stroka »

you need to find a thin piece of wire and try clean out all the little passages, just enough to let the carb cleaner get to where it needs to go and do it's job
Remember,everyone is human,even if there stupid!
cobracon
Noob
Noob

Post by cobracon »

Thats what I was thinking. The Honda service guy said there is a port that runs through the housing that is always a problem to get cleaned.
sp00key
Spree
Spree

Post by sp00key »

could it be the flote
cobracon
Noob
Noob

Post by cobracon »

sp00key wrote:could it be the flote
Not sure, anyone know how much a rebuild kit costs?
twsnagel
Goped
Goped

Post by twsnagel »

85stroka wrote:you need to find a thin piece of wire and try clean out all the little passages, just enough to let the carb cleaner get to where it needs to go and do it's job
I wouldn't do this, I know I'm a newbie next to 85 stroka, but you can really bugger up jets in a hurry by ramming wire through them.

Instead, get the carb cleaner in an aerosol can, and put the straw on the can and force that fluid through the jets until the jets are clean.

You won't risk damaging the jets that way.