Spree 48mm big bore kits

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

Ultraliner

Spree 48mm big bore kits

Post by Ultraliner »

Took the Nifty out for a run yesterday after work and later in the evening finally decided to take the plunge and have ordered one of Taz's big bore kits off Ebay(looking forward to it!!)

Currently running an SB50 reed set and intake with a stock carb and exhaust, 2.75x10 tyres front and rear and have a few questions...

Currently getting about 55km/h with the stock bore(on a good run) tho acceleration leaves a bit to be desired. Will the bbk have much affect on top speed without changing the gearing?

Taz do you offer replacement 48mm pistons as a replacement part in case I muck up the run in process?

Am thinking about buying this pipe locally and having modified as necessary to fit... What are you guys with the bbk running sucessfully?

Also have recently bought a cheap but awesome die grinder to tidy up the intake and exhaust ports, should be a fun time ahead!!
Attachments
396510323.jpg
396510323.jpg (44.92 KiB) Viewed 12894 times
Just Joel
Goped
Goped

Re: Spree 48mm big bore kits

Post by Just Joel »

I'm quite impressed with the bbk I just installed.
I'm still braking it in but start off torque is much improved and revs quick to 15 mph (max so far).
I'm running an mlm pipe but I haven't opened it all the way yet.
Sb50 reeds and ported intake with the kit 90 main jet and a uni filter.
Make sure you cut the base gasket for the boost port.
I didn't initially and bothered Taz for a week before I pulled the jug to check.
Ran her ten miles like that and was disappointed in performance till I found my blunder lol.
Now it's great!
Can't wait to finish the brake in and open her up.

Edit: I see what you did there mods lol
Last edited by Just Joel on Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
84 Honda Spree... The plastic at least.
tazland001
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by tazland001 »

Yes I do carry them.

taz
Ultraliner

Post by Ultraliner »

Thanks for your reply Joel, good news about the pickup from stationary. I'm not really looking for a gain in top speed but it's gonna be nice to get there a bit quicker!

I might look at one of the MLM pipes in future if shipping isnt too horrendous, one bad thing about NZ is that its pretty isolated from the rest of the world ;)

Is the #90 main jet the one that comes supplied with the kit?
paulpauly7
CB900F
CB900F

Post by paulpauly7 »

Hi i live i CHCH i have a set of the taz gears which would suit your 48mm bbk quite nicely they are used but only done about 300kms on them. $50 + shipping unless local pm me for more details .I also have alot of other nifty fifty parts and honda smile parts.
86 Nifty Fifty (spree)
ZX disk brake
Kitico 120kmh speedo
AF18 ZX ported
Polini corsa
Malossi crank
CTmani
24mmOKO
40pilot118main
Scorpion pipe
8.44 to 1
Michelin s1
71.3mph
92 yz125, 94 crm250
tazland001
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by tazland001 »

Yes it comes with a 90 main.
Ultraliner

Post by Ultraliner »

Cheers paulypauly, have PM'd you ;)
Ultraliner

Post by Ultraliner »

Grr I think the PM I sent you is stuck in my outbox, dosent shift from outbox to sent so im not sure you would have recieved it... Id be keen on those Taz gears if you are willing to trade, drop me a line on sultels@xtra.co.nz and we can sort something out ;)
patthesoundguy

Post by patthesoundguy »

If you can get that pipe super cheap, I'd go for it especially if you have a second stock pipe for a donor header. I hate hacking stuff that I may need so I try to find a donor part instead of using my original.
Dude! Ya Can't Fix Stupid!
84 Spree stock
84 Spree Dio AF18E MHR Cylinder Arrow Pipe 28mm OKO
80 Express, 47mm DR BBKit, Weak Ends Intake, Boyesen Dual stage reeds, 19mm Delorto carb, MLM pipe
79 Express
85 Aero 80 stock
84 elite 125 stock
Ultraliner

Post by Ultraliner »

I'm tempted to pat, the seller is after $100 US for it, do you reckon it'll be worth the gamble as to weather I can get it to work?
paulpauly7
CB900F
CB900F

Post by paulpauly7 »

Ill will txt you tomorrow .Sorry not on here as much as i used too.
86 Nifty Fifty (spree)
ZX disk brake
Kitico 120kmh speedo
AF18 ZX ported
Polini corsa
Malossi crank
CTmani
24mmOKO
40pilot118main
Scorpion pipe
8.44 to 1
Michelin s1
71.3mph
92 yz125, 94 crm250
patthesoundguy

Post by patthesoundguy »

Ultraliner wrote:I'm tempted to pat, the seller is after $100 US for it, do you reckon it'll be worth the gamble as to weather I can get it to work?
Hmmm that's a tough one, it all depends on your fab skills. If you get the header length right it could be OK, but once you cut the stock pipe up its hard to go back if the $100 pipe doesn't work out.
Dude! Ya Can't Fix Stupid!
84 Spree stock
84 Spree Dio AF18E MHR Cylinder Arrow Pipe 28mm OKO
80 Express, 47mm DR BBKit, Weak Ends Intake, Boyesen Dual stage reeds, 19mm Delorto carb, MLM pipe
79 Express
85 Aero 80 stock
84 elite 125 stock
Just Joel
Goped
Goped

Post by Just Joel »

mlm pipe... Spend the money. They did all the hard work to deliver a quality product that actual works well. Bolt on easy performance... Nothing better ;)
84 Honda Spree... The plastic at least.
tazland001
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by tazland001 »

I would not mod that pipe on there. looks like a jog(3KJ) pipe to me. Wont be easy to fab it on and I doubt it will even work right.

Taz
Ultraliner

Post by Ultraliner »

Im starting to think the same thing... Would be cool if it would work but no point throwing $200 - $300 at it when the MLM pipe wouldnt be much more than that and its proven to be pretty decent ;)