Spree 48mm big bore kits

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

Just Joel
Goped
Goped

Re: Spree 48mm big bore kits

Post by Just Joel »

Better than decent, it transforms the power ban after 15mph (about 5k rpm) all the way to top speed. Very impressed.
84 Honda Spree... The plastic at least.
Ultraliner

Post by Ultraliner »

Cheers for that guys, i'll be after one of the MLM pipes when funds(and the Mrs)permit ;)

Currently looking at a second nifty running for $250 and a AF18 short motor for an additional $150 as the start of another project... Taken my first hit and am well and truly addicted now!!
Ultraliner

Post by Ultraliner »

Yuss my BBK FINALLY arrived!!

A word to the Ebay virgins... If you think your shipping address is correct, check it before ordering anything and then double check it after you have rechecked it, otherwise you can end up waiting over 5 months for something that should have taken 2 or 3 weeks at the most to arrive.

Turns out my kit went straight past my door(totally my fault), got marked as undeliverable and ended up bouncing around a shipping warehouse somewhere between here and the US until it eventually worked its way through the system and was resent to the correct address.

So anyways I now have the kit as well as a second hand set of the elusive Taz gears in as new condition to put on my Nifty, hopefully starting this weekend.

Looking forward to dipping my toes into the engine upgrading side of things at last!!
Attachments
Nifty parts 1.jpg
Nifty parts 1.jpg (113.79 KiB) Viewed 9137 times
patthesoundguy

Post by patthesoundguy »

So glad to see you finally got the goods :-) get that bbk installed and get the mlm pipe and get one of the new polini carbs and spree adapter from graphite 9 and that thing will be a good little ripper.
Dude! Ya Can't Fix Stupid!
84 Spree stock
84 Spree Dio AF18E MHR Cylinder Arrow Pipe 28mm OKO
80 Express, 47mm DR BBKit, Weak Ends Intake, Boyesen Dual stage reeds, 19mm Delorto carb, MLM pipe
79 Express
85 Aero 80 stock
84 elite 125 stock
Meloshameless
Elite
Elite

Post by Meloshameless »

Drop that af18 on the nifty you picked up for 250, it'll be night and day to ur taz kit, gears, mlm, and anything else u put on it, i spent alot on my first afo5e, then got an af16e and even stock it was almost just as quick.
2000 Honda SR (purple swurp)
corsa
naruku
polini 21 cp 36/106 pod filter
polini vari 5.5 gram
zx trans
Polini evo2 clutch/bell yellow springs (slacked) yellow contra
Yasuni C16
stock crank/gears=wheelie machine
70 mph/12,470 rpm Trail tech vapor verified
patthesoundguy

Post by patthesoundguy »

Yes it's hard to compare an af16e to the spree motor it is like night and day but I gotta say I really miss my spree motor with the bbk carb and pipe. I have an af18e on one of my sprees and its a monster but I really would like to do another stock spree bbk. I like the way the single speed tranny felt on the stock motor
84 Spree stock
80 Express, 47mm DR BBKit, Weak Ends Intake, Boyesen Dual stage reeds, 19mm Delorto carb, MLM pipe
79 Express
85 Aero 80 stock
84 elite 125 stock
Ultraliner

Post by Ultraliner »

Meloshameless wrote:Drop that af18 on the nifty you picked up for 250, it'll be night and day to ur taz kit, gears, mlm, and anything else u put on it, i spent alot on my first afo5e, then got an af16e and even stock it was almost just as quick.
I ended up having to sell the one I was going to put the AF18 into after I bought my Dio, 3 scooters plus assorted bits were taking up too much garage room. Made $100 on it and someone who wanted a running project scooter happy so wasnt a completely stupid exercise

Agreed PTSG, i really like riding my Nifty around totally in stock form. Sure standing starts arent spectacular but once its up past about 20km/h its fine and keeps up with the suburban traffic over here no problem... And it looks pretty awesome :smile:

Should hopefully get a bit of time this afternoon to start on installing the BBK and gears!
patthesoundguy

Post by patthesoundguy »

I put a few thousand km on my spree in stock form. Loved every second of it.
84 Spree stock
79 Express
85 Aero 80 stock
84 elite 125 stock
Ultraliner

Post by Ultraliner »

Had a very successful weekend here, dropped the motor out on Saturday afternoon, changed everything over last night, got it reassembled and refitted early this afternoon, have just finished heat cycle No 2 and everything is sounding pretty d**m good at the mo

Turns out the old piston and bore had quite a bit of scoring, and the gear case had less than a teaspoon of oil left in it so the rebuild came at a pretty good time

Unfortunately the clutch has less than 2mm on the pads until it'll be down to the aluminium so am hunting for a decent replacement at the moment

Cant wait to take it out for a run :smile:
Attachments
Piston looks a bit rough, was still running fine tho
Piston looks a bit rough, was still running fine tho
Piston.jpg (156.77 KiB) Viewed 9086 times
Turns out someone had put the head on incorrectly, cant have been good for cooling!
Turns out someone had put the head on incorrectly, cant have been good for cooling!
Cylinder.jpg (162.59 KiB) Viewed 9086 times
Pulling the motor out
Pulling the motor out
Strip down.jpg (167.27 KiB) Viewed 9086 times
MrJumps
CB900F
CB900F

Post by MrJumps »

Buy a gy6 clutch and bell, look up china clutch mod mod on here, it made a difrence.
1993 ch80, swapped with a ch250
2021 DRZ400sm :worship:
MrJumps
CB900F
CB900F

Post by MrJumps »

graphite9 wrote:nice! I have spree kitaco pads for the front..Maybe they work on the rear too?
I ran rear on my front with no issues, I think both run same pads.
Ultraliner

Post by Ultraliner »

Thanks for the link to the clutch mod Jumps. I dont really want to carve up the cover so have asked a guy over here if he has any decent second hand ones. If not there is a place in town that relines brake shoes and clutches ect so might hit them up. Failing that there is a company in the US that can do it so might end up sending it over

I think you are talking about brake shoes Graphite?! Yep the front and rears are the same :)

Made up an 'upgraded' airbox cover with some masking tape to get it to run properly. Not keen on punching holes in my existing good condition cover so will find another I can drill out

Went for a gentle run around the block last night, nothing over about 1/3 throttle and it's feeling pretty good!
Ultraliner

Post by Ultraliner »

Decided to make a quick video of it running in the garage tonight, I havent uploaded anything in years, will hold the camera the right way around next time ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gEJZA65uJ4
patthesoundguy

Post by patthesoundguy »

Just Joel wrote:Better than decent, it transforms the power ban after 15mph (about 5k rpm) all the way to top speed. Very impressed.
MLM pipe also works on stock bore :-) I'll never forget when Devon at MLM sent me the prototype and I took the first test ride. Instant perma grin
84 Spree stock
79 Express
85 Aero 80 stock
84 elite 125 stock
paulpauly7
CB900F
CB900F

Post by paulpauly7 »

I have a spare airbox lid and a good clutch here some where .You still got my number ? Txt me ill sort you out ive still got lots of nifty parts ive also got a sb50 intake manifold and reeds which bolt up but are much larger than the stock nifty setup.I may actually have a nifty clutch here thati fitted some modded rpm springs for more revs on take off .
86 Nifty Fifty (spree)
ZX disk brake
Kitico 120kmh speedo
AF18 ZX ported
Polini corsa
Malossi crank
CTmani
24mmOKO
40pilot118main
Scorpion pipe
8.44 to 1
Michelin s1