moped alarm

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

eight08boy
Goped
Goped

moped alarm

Post by eight08boy »

Any one running an alarm on there bike ?
How do u like it ?
Which alarm are u running ?
Let's hear the up and down of running an alarm on your bike.
Thanks alot.
Gjino Kanahele

U asking cherry price u better have cherry s***
MrJumps
CB900F
CB900F

Re: moped alarm

Post by MrJumps »

Running a alarm on a smaller scooter or moped is useless. Run a good chain around a good pole around a good strong part on your bike. Or disk lock it and alarm. Just make it hard to get out of the space its in. Like a locked fence area with a flood light in front of it or something like that. For parking in public part in the open where lots of people will be and chain it up.
kuromi
Spree
Spree

Post by kuromi »

Keeping it covered when locked up is another way to deter would be thieves.
1983 Melody Deluxe II / ND50MC
1984 Melody Mini / NP50D
1979 Simson Schwalbe KR51/1 (think 2 wheel trabant/ East German Honda Cub)
Wheelman-111

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

Chains don't always work either. See here.
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
Just Joel
Goped
Goped

Post by Just Joel »

:lol:
84 Honda Spree... The plastic at least.
kevinv710
Spree
Spree

Post by kevinv710 »

do we need to re-read his post again?
veedubh20
CB900F
CB900F

Post by veedubh20 »

i use the low oil warning light on the cluster as red light flashing.
patthesoundguy

Post by patthesoundguy »

veedubh20 wrote:i use the low oil warning light on the cluster as red light flashing.
That's brilliant!
I lock my scoots to bike racks that are set in concrete if I can fnd them. There are some downtown here near my regular gig. I also have a small stand alone alarm I got from china with a remote. If someone messes with the cooter it makes a racket so the dumb kids won't sit on it... I hope lol
Dude! Ya Can't Fix Stupid!
84 Spree stock
84 Spree Dio AF18E MHR Cylinder Arrow Pipe 28mm OKO
80 Express, 47mm DR BBKit, Weak Ends Intake, Boyesen Dual stage reeds, 19mm Delorto carb, MLM pipe
79 Express
85 Aero 80 stock
84 elite 125 stock
veedubh20
CB900F
CB900F

Post by veedubh20 »

no worry about drilling hole on panel , red light alarm. lol :naughty:
benji
CB900F
CB900F

Post by benji »

I love the oil light idea. I put an alarm on mine. I used a basic avital 3100. It has starter kill,a shock sensor,extra inputs and outputs, and light flash, although I used a smaller siren I had laying around. The flashing red light scares away most thieves I think, but it's nice having something alert me when some mom has let her 5 yro play on my bike, or if it gets messed w at all. Alarms are like anything, there not for others there for you. If you don't listen for it, it does nothing. Noone else is gonna stop the guy from stealing it. Anyone who says "alarms don't work" has never caught some one trying to steal there truck in the act (like me :D), and might not fully understand there strengths and weaknesses.
benji
CB900F
CB900F

Post by benji »

If you want an alarm or need some advice on putting it in, lemme kno. I gots da hook-up.
kevinv710
Spree
Spree

Post by kevinv710 »

Thanks Benji for a great post!!!! I think your reply is what the guy looking for. Nothing can stop bad guy wants to take your scooter away, but at least with the alarm installed you can stop kids messing around with your scooter, that might have fall on them, or someone trying steal your parking spot...
benji
CB900F
CB900F

Post by benji »

Exactly, at least you can HEAR if something happens.
MrJumps
CB900F
CB900F

Post by MrJumps »

Oh I thought you were refering to like parking at the mall. Most of the time if someone is gonna steal something and they know the owner isnt around they will haul * with it going off because they could give less of a hoot and they need their _____ and thats how they are gonna pay for it. Now if you gonna b3 near it an alarm is a good idea, I didnt think that you would be near it. Well if you do an alarm just pick one that only has sound and lights function the starter options can be wonky and sometimes if the bike dosnt start the odd vall kits keep spining the starter till it does. You can iamgine where that ends up in.
benji
CB900F
CB900F

Post by benji »

Your thinking of a remote start. On an alarm the starter kill only cuts a wire that triggers the starter, therefore making it act like you didn't hit the button or the starter is bad. I've yet to see an alarm or remote start system cause any problems when properly installed. Btw, most people on forums who say "alarms don't work, don't get one" are thieves. Not saying anyone here is, but an alarm doesn't cause problems, not even if it's improperly installed or "bad". Usually it just doesn't ever go off or goes off all the time, but I fail to see how not having one would help you versus having one POSSIBLY help you would be better. And if I see a guy hauling * w a scooter and it's alarms blaring, I'm gonna stop that guy on general principal. So I guess alarms work at the mall if I'm at the mall that day haha.