Texas laws for scooter?

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

veloc1ty
Noob
Noob

Texas laws for scooter?

Post by veloc1ty »

I'm in the middle of fixing up a spree, and can't seem to find the bill of sale. We got the spree from a neighbor a few years ago that was moving and gave us a bill of sale, but no title. I've looked up Texas' dmv site and tried to find the laws on scooters, but i can't find any. Just wondering on what i need to register it with the dmv. Thanks
darat
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by darat »

more then likely michigan is one of the lucky states that you dont need a title or insurence or a plate.. just a 15$ sticker.
MICHIGAN MOPED MAFIA Co Founder VET OG. 95 YAMAHA JOG 70CC
MySpree
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by MySpree »

you do need a title, if you dont have it when you get pulled then you get it impounded or a ticket saying insufision proof of ownership
veloc1ty
Noob
Noob

Post by veloc1ty »

i know i need a title and register with the dmv and all that, but i dont have a title, and can't find the bill of sale at this moment... i read somewhere you can "find" a bill of sale ( writing your own?)
darat
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by darat »

MySpree wrote:you do need a title, if you dont have it when you get pulled then you get it impounded or a ticket saying insufision proof of ownership
what are u talking about i only got a regstration for my spree. u do not need a title.
zonker1984
BMX
BMX

Post by zonker1984 »

darat wrote:what are u talking about i only got a regstration for my spree. u do not need a title.
We don't need titles in MI, but they might in TX, the laws vary significantly from state to state. For example, in some states they still require the presence of pedals.
MySpree
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by MySpree »

i got pulled adn they asked for my title.... so....
darat
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by darat »

what are u talking about the cops dont know what they are talking about. do you show a cop your title to a car when you get pulled over.. NOT THAT I KNOW OF. or when u get pulled over on a motercycle no they ask for regstration not TITLE..
burnt_toast
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by burnt_toast »

veloc1ty wrote:i know i need a title and register with the dmv and all that, but i dont have a title, and can't find the bill of sale at this moment... i read somewhere you can "find" a bill of sale ( writing your own?)
you can try, as it might be your best option. I remember that it was pretty hard trying to register my spree without a title, Dmv doesn't take these things lightly.
projects galore :nerd: