Stages (is it useful?)

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

NB50clonePGO6GOD
Goped
Goped

Stages (is it useful?)

Post by NB50clonePGO6GOD »

I just read a artical on staging, from my point at a advanced novice knowledge see that stage 3+ is usless in street daily driving preforming apps.

2 will present gains, but 1 is boosh in the sense of performance which really just get you in the practice breathing set up on a stock motor.

Examples include:

https://www.torquecars.com/tuning/tuning-stages.php

Upgrading exhaust for reduce in pressure + upgraded carb which leads to better off the line power base at stage one
(This is just general informal conversation correct me in qoute me if am wrong).

CVT UPGRADES are rendered usless without gearing upgrade in referance to two strokes, thus telling us the upgrades below stage 3 are useless in the 4 stroke world due to the fact that in the auto world 4 cylinder is the multiplying process by each piston. Timing, valve lash, stroke, piston deck, valve springs, and cam can also defeat it's purpose unless you want to spend $$$ on said upgrade to see true performance.

Improvements can actually be made in 2 strokes by running a hair richer which could only lead to fouled plugs causing frequent exchanging with additional emission output in the fouling process what you see out your tail pipe tip forms carbon from build up in the exhaust pipe known as sploooge.

In a automobile when the valve stems leak it is in 2 stroke stage of life at start up, when this happens it leads to the premature failure of 02 sensors which control the richness of the vehicle at cold start up much like the enrichner/by starter found on your common scooter.

:surprise:

Link .... Found here.

https://www.torquecars.com/tuning/tuning-stages.php

Not bashing, just would like to here about your intellectual stage for overall tuning.
People playing with my clone I let it slide with em, still tipping on 3.0's belt ramping the CVT ON PGOS!

Too quick, TURN UP!
MrJumps
CB900F
CB900F

Re: Stages (is it useful?)

Post by MrJumps »

I firmly belive that if your gonna mod a motor all out or nothing. No sense in soending the money to bore out a motor and not put a foraged crank and rods in. Then why not supercharge it, * and turbo it, oh maybe a secound turbo.
1993 ch80, swapped with a ch250
2021 DRZ400sm :worship:
motormike

Post by motormike »

NB50clonePGO6GOD wrote: CVT UPGRADES are rendered usless without gearing upgrade in referance to two strokes
False: CVT upgrades such as ramp plate profile, roller weight difference, clutch springs, contra springs...all make improved performance without changing the gears.
RideRed
<Gyro S><MB5><Honda Navi><Helix><Sym Wolf><Yamaha Razz><Honda CH150 Deluxe>
"Live Large - Ride Small"
NB50clonePGO6GOD
Goped
Goped

MrJumps wrote:I firmly belive that if your gonna mod a motor all out or nothing. No sense in soending the money to bore out a motor and not put a foraged crank and rods in. Then why not supercharge it, * and turbo it, oh maybe a secound turbo.

Bingo,

So therefore putting emphasis on "weight reduction in you or the scooter"

Small power mods such as "air filter box" to "cone filter" and "added length to piston" are the most logical on a $-$$ budget.

This is a thread pertaining to newbies who are trying to reach 50mph tops it's however is less logical to reach that goal on a 50cc.
Last edited by NB50clonePGO6GOD on Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
People playing with my clone I let it slide with em, still tipping on 3.0's belt ramping the CVT ON PGOS!

Too quick, TURN UP!
Dr_Craw
Spree
Spree

Post by Dr_Craw »

as the comment on one of those pages stated (and i agree with)
"Very interesting. My interpretation from back in the 60ÔÇ▓ and 70ÔÇÖs was this:
Stage 1  Bolt-ON Parts; carb, igntion, exhaust
Stage 2  Bolt-IN Parts; cams, dome pistons, valve springs
Stage 3  Requiring Machine Shop; boring, stroking, blueprinting
Until the last few years, I never heard of Stage 4-5-6 (I saw a ÔÇÿStage 8ÔÇÖ the other day!) I consider this nothing more than marketing jargon to attract people who believe that ÔÇÿBigger must be betterÔÇÖ. Cheers!-- Read more at: https://www.torquecars.com/tuning/tuning-stages.php - (c) TorqueCars"

personally i usually go to "stage 2" on my builds due to reliability issues, but i'm never making a drag/ racing bike/scooter... yet
Roll the dice
NB50clonePGO6GOD
Goped
Goped

motormike wrote:
NB50clonePGO6GOD wrote: CVT UPGRADES are rendered usless without gearing upgrade in referance to two strokes
False: CVT upgrades such as ramp plate profile, roller weight difference, clutch springs, contra springs...all make improved performance without changing the gears.

Ok so what if I said, if one who seeks upgrade by CVT and did not know that said upgrades is a 50/50 deal as it is a trial and error process that can put you from $-$$$ amount due to the factor of it is a extensive process that is less complicated but comparable to the process of jetting. Its a uncontrolled variable unless done on a timer by someone other then you known as trap miles.

Can a CVT upgrade increase ones scooter 5-10 mph at a rate of a 156lb rider?

Average soaking wet weight of most scooters that are 50cc are 82kg which is about 72lbs for example.

This means that the weight of the rider + the scooters weight subtract the max weight capacity comes into play. A heavier CVT weight will provide higher top speed at the top end but slower acelleration off the line vise versa if the effects where flipped to lighter weight which will mean fall off at the top end speed.
Last edited by NB50clonePGO6GOD on Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Too quick, TURN UP!
NB50clonePGO6GOD
Goped
Goped

Dr_Craw wrote:as the comment on one of those pages stated (and i agree with)
"Very interesting. My interpretation from back in the 60ÔÇ▓ and 70ÔÇÖs was this:
Stage 1  Bolt-ON Parts; carb, igntion, exhaust
Stage 2  Bolt-IN Parts; cams, dome pistons, valve springs
Stage 3  Requiring Machine Shop; boring, stroking, blueprinting
Until the last few years, I never heard of Stage 4-5-6 (I saw a ÔÇÿStage 8ÔÇÖ the other day!) I consider this nothing more than marketing jargon to attract people who believe that ÔÇÿBigger must be betterÔÇÖ. Cheers!-- Read more at: https://www.torquecars.com/tuning/tuning-stages.php - (c) TorqueCars"

personally i usually go to "stage 2" on my builds due to reliability issues, but i'm never making a drag/ racing bike/scooter... yet
Theoretically, stage 2 seems the only logical upgrades for novice tuners and daily drivers without crashing vs a stock Harley. Bigger is not the best. But a bigger cc bike will concert your needs with endorsement by your local licensing agency.

Too quick, TURN UP!
motormike

Post by motormike »

NB50clonePGO6GOD wrote:Average soaking wet weight of most scooters that are 50cc are 82kg which is about 72lbs for example.
NB50clonePGO6GOD wrote: from my point at a advanced novice knowledge

Your "advanced novice" status is showing in your math.
82kg = 180.4 lbs.
RideRed
<Gyro S><MB5><Honda Navi><Helix><Sym Wolf><Yamaha Razz><Honda CH150 Deluxe>
"Live Large - Ride Small"
MrJumps
CB900F
CB900F

Post by MrJumps »

Oh I thought this topic was on car motors, well in the case of a 2 stroke. Porting does all the work. Cvt and porting. You can have a 120cc build but a corsa will out pull it anyday of the week if its ported right.
benji
CB900F
CB900F

Post by benji »

How you guys doin all the big letters and fonts and colors?

On the whole "stages" thing, I think it's really more for "street race" style cars (or whatever there called) and is probably just marketing.
benji
CB900F
CB900F

Post by benji »

And I agree w the others so far. Tranny mods, porting and bbk's are key for scooters.
MrJumps
CB900F
CB900F

Post by MrJumps »

Stages is like a way to cagorize part mods. Stage one is narmally intake, coil overs, speings, mirror dice stuff like that
2 is a tune, better exhaust, bigger turbo, small but more pricier things
3. Is flat out forged this forged that, lightened *, bigger steering wheel.

If you 2ant a fast car/scooter buy one that is like that already or is easily built up. You cant turn a spree motor into a drag motor without hours and years of luck. Now with a af18 a few parts later you have a kick * motor. Its apples and oranges. Every motor is difrent. A rotary benifits from extra oil, where a gas motor wont.