Need a new tire I think

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

needmoreinfo
BMX
BMX

Need a new tire I think

Post by needmoreinfo »

1994 SA50. I am restoring a bike and put it all together and took it for a ride. I noticed that the rear tire had a wobble or bounce in it. The rim was fine but the tire bead was further away from the rim in one spot and it caused the bouncing. This could be because it was over filled. I took the tire off. So I think I need a new tire. Where can I get one at a good price? what are the size specs?

Thank you,
Wheelman-111

Re: Need a new tire I think

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

I don't think the bead issue was from overfilling, but more likely from insufficient lubrication. Tires should self-center, unless it's delaminating, which a 20 year-old tire sure can do. The mold date is imprinted as a 4-digit code on the sidewall. If it's xx94, that's the year it was made. In that case, Consider buying a pair. I've had good luck with MotorcycleSuperstore.com. Pirelli SL26 is an affordable choice, Michelin S1s and Dunlop for a bit more. Tire specs are on your tire: 3.00 x 10" if it was stock. A 90/90 will fit the engine case, but the centerstand legs may need to be spread a little.
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH