Nq50 questions

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

patthesoundguy

Re: Nq50 questions

Post by patthesoundguy »

My spree bbk reved up to almost 12k no problem and I could get to 43mph maybe a little more with it using just the wider belt for the gear ratio change. I had the whole setup, the CT intake, 21mm carb and the very first MLM pipe for spree. The MLM pipe is the only pipe for spree btw. There was a stock type exhaust that was advertised that it was for the spree but it was for a similar motor and diddnt fit. I ordered one and made it fit with some welding.
Dude! Ya Can't Fix Stupid!
84 Spree stock
84 Spree Dio AF18E MHR Cylinder Arrow Pipe 28mm OKO
80 Express, 47mm DR BBKit, Weak Ends Intake, Boyesen Dual stage reeds, 19mm Delorto carb, MLM pipe
79 Express
85 Aero 80 stock
84 elite 125 stock
Ethan636
Noob
Noob

Post by Ethan636 »

Has anyone used those drive gears from chop chop on eBay? If so how are they and what benifitd did you achieve in performance specs
eclark5483
CB900F
CB900F

Post by eclark5483 »

In that video I posted for you to watch, the drive gears from chop chop (Tazland), are installed on the Spree. I wanna say you'll pick up maybe 5 mph more using them. However, expect a little slower bottom end acceleration, this can be countered with the BBK. Any time you go with higher gears, you will almost always sacrifice low end for top speed. And of course, the opposite is true if you use lower gears.. you'll get a better launch, but top speed will suffer.

Also, you should note that different Sprees have different gear ratios stock. The 84-85 Spree and ALL Iowa Edition Sprees use a 12T gear. The 86-87' Sprees use a 13T.

More info on this can be found here: http://hondaspree.net/wiki/index.php5?t ... ion_Ratios
jakubman1
Elite
Elite

Post by jakubman1 »

im doing 37mph on my spree. Gps verified. :) Stock piston. Sb50 intake and reeds. And mlm peoples pipe.
jerz40
Elite
Elite

Post by jerz40 »

jakubman1 wrote:im doing 37mph on my spree. Gps verified. :) Stock piston. Sb50 intake and reeds. And mlm peoples pipe.
On my all stock 85 spree, also stock piston, intake, carb, gears, I did like 35-40mph. But it must be really warmed up, with the wind to my back, and leaning forward so there's not so much wind resistance. For real though I was at like 39 1/2! :o