race spree questions

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

stevespree7
Goped
Goped

race spree questions

Post by stevespree7 »

I have a honda spree with the 48 mm kit on it that i bought from the scooter swap shop, and i cannot locate new rings. anyone know of the type i need? they say w48 on the ring.... :-(

also other questions,

i am having issues. new top end, since i have 2 48 mm kits to swap around.

i have the dio style racing intake with the 4 reed block. MLM pipe and SYN Kuihn PWK clone.

i was on a long 40 mile ride when my intake came off and i blew up. :-(

i took off my old head, put on my new one (hence the question about new rings) and now i am having terrible times getting it started. i have put on new spark plug, new 2 stroke CDI, disassembled stator and cleaned until the stator resistance was in spec. i still get spark. Its not amazingly bright, but it should work.

when i turn over, gas mist puffs out the carb, is this a reed issue? i am going to go home and check tonight on my reeds. any idea on new good reeds for this kit if they are bad? could an intake falling off at 40 mphs ruin reeds?

also the bike almost starts, it chugs once or twice weakly, but then it just turns over. like it almost had the juice but then nope... :-( when i wait a min and turn the bike over it seems like for one second there is an extra spark then it has a spark that is more drawn apart. Could i only be getting one of the two sparks? or am i just crazy? that would be an ignition coil issue right? but i just bought a used one on ebay, so that means i got ripped off? (sold broken old ignition coil?)

the bike is running on a 100 jet.... that seems high to me. the unit had an air leak at the oil pimp which after the blow up i have fixed. could i just be in need of down jetting? or maybe a float adjustment? do any of you know the float high required for a SYN 21mm clone of a Kuihn (no tome to spell) PWK flatslide 21mm? i have been looking for weeks.

i really want to get this bike started. i feel im going to burn my starter motor out trying all these times. any help is much appreciated. :-)
eclark5483
CB900F
CB900F

Re: race spree questions

Post by eclark5483 »

First of all, what engine swap did you do? 4 reed block? Dio Intake? You are obviously not using a stock engine. AF05E variated? AF16? Need more info.