****Official Picture Post****

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

turtle13
Elite
Elite

Re: ****Official Picture Post****

Post by turtle13 »

i just realized that i never really posted up updated pics of the aero AKA "the war turtle"...
here are 2 new ones since i am completely wrapped up in buying a house and moving, but more updates are sure to come.
i have since painted the wheels gun metal gray and shaved about 1 1/2 inches off the seat (thanks for the idea Red Rucker). i will recover the seat will paint the front forks once i am out of my apartment and in the new house.
'85 aero Malossi BBK w/ Malossi gears, Malossi head, Polini Ruckus Vari and Malossi Wild Lion exhaust
'62 125cc Honda cub
'78 50 special Vespa Small frame
scooterwerx
Elite
Elite

Post by scooterwerx »

nice aero! i shaved my seat, i hate it! anybody want to trade for a stock seat? hahhaha
turtle13
Elite
Elite

Post by turtle13 »

scooterwerx wrote:nice aero! i shaved my seat, i hate it! anybody want to trade for a stock seat? hahhaha
thanks, i didnt show any pics of the inner fairing though, that might change your opinion... once we get settled in the new house i am sitting down with a soldering iron and some extra plastic and welding all the cracks and holes in the inner fairing. As well i am probably going to strip everything down to the frame and get it all super clean. but who am i kidding, once we get in the "hunny do list" will probably start to stack up quick.
'85 aero Malossi BBK w/ Malossi gears, Malossi head, Polini Ruckus Vari and Malossi Wild Lion exhaust
'62 125cc Honda cub
'78 50 special Vespa Small frame
scooterwerx
Elite
Elite

Post by scooterwerx »

still looks d*** good for a 20+ year old scooter!
adark248
Elite
Elite

Post by adark248 »

turtle13 wrote: i am sitting down with a soldering iron and some extra plastic and welding all the cracks and holes in the inner fairing. As well i am probably going to strip everything down to the frame and get it all super clean. but who am i kidding, once we get in the "hunny do list" will probably start to stack up quick.
you can do that? i wouldn't mind hearing more about this process. also hunny do lists suck, just set some scoot wrenchin time aside at night or somethin. are you finally gonna have a garage?
1984 Honda Aero 50
1986 Honda Spree
evilone
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by evilone »

You can also make abs goo or use small pieces of paper clips and melt into plastic to form a solid bond. I started doing the paper clip thing to repair broken tabs on my 87 elite but sold it before finishing so i didn't post how to. OOOps edit: i forgot this is in the picture post. Sorry :oops:. Should have started a post somewhere else.
2001 Honda Elite
1995 Yamaha Jog
1994 Yamaha Axis

I can't believe
that cop put me
in the backseat
when I clearly
called shotgun.
GIJoeBob
Elite
Elite

Post by GIJoeBob »

evilone wrote:You can also make abs goo or use small pieces of paper clips and melt into plastic to form a solid bond. I started doing the paper clip thing to repair broken tabs on my 87 elite but sold it before finishing so i didn't post how to. OOOps edit: i forgot this is in the picture post. Sorry :oops:. Should have started a post somewhere else.
Do that! We are interested!
odinxxix
CB900F
CB900F

Post by odinxxix »

[img=http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/2989/d ... aye.th.jpg]
i really havent done anything to it its all bone stock. runs 29-31 mph!
it started life as a 1986 "red" spree. i lightly sanded with some wet sand and wiped it down with alcohol, used some cheap flat black as a type of primer/base coat. masked and painted whit stripe down middle. then used a stencil i made to paint the blue metal flake flames, after i let it dry for a couple days i masked again and used some cheap rattle can gloss black, and about 2 coats of good clear. im having the seat redone on the 19th. then all i need is a turn light lens and a mirror and its done unless i start modding which is not out of the question just out of budget right now. thanks for checking it out.!! anybody live near lafayette,Indiana?
1986 honda spree(silver fox)
BBK
85 head
SB50 intake
SB50 reeds
taz gears
2.75X10 tires
2000 honda elite S
prodigy vari
2k grabber clutch springs
9:1 gears
jdm tail lite
1982 suzuki FA50
Videonut
Spree
Spree

Post by Videonut »

OK here is my spree it has a Honda CB750 rear shock and XR50 knobby tires and custom logo stickers painted wheels and belt cover custom Craftsman airfilter. and almost ready to be ported.

By videonutdude, shot with DMC-FZ5 at 2009-06-27
86 spree with honda cb750 rear shock
xr50 knobby tires, 32mph on slightly restricted craftsman air filter.
Scooter was stolen so i have to make it look good again
808BMW
Elite
Elite

Post by 808BMW »

Mmmmm, I love new parts
In 2040 they say we're going away
We could never let them control
Hawaiian man, take back your hawaiian land
Loppis
Noob
Noob

Post by Loppis »

Is that pipe bought or did you make it. It looks awesome.
akskoot
Spree
Spree

Post by akskoot »

Haven't done too much to it yet. I go by the old adage: Must shine, Might run. I found it on Craigs here in Anchorage and at $300 I knew it was a steal, even though I knew absolutely nothing about scooters then. 1 year later, I'm sold. Honda scooters rule. I put a Keli vari, 1.5k torque spring, and lots of cleaning and elbow grease. She cruises 42 on flat, is very dependable, and likes long rides on gravel roads and hiking trails. p.s. Not my elite, but I still pull away from his restricted *. :D
1985 Aero 50--'87 AF05 motor, ported and polished, Ruckus Vari, 1.5K torque spring, 1K clutch springs, drilled exhaust/airbox,#85 jet, Pirelli 3.0-10s= 45mph flat
http://www.myspace.com/the1120s Image
grafittijunkie
BMX
BMX

Post by grafittijunkie »

grafittijunkie
BMX
BMX

Post by grafittijunkie »

what kind of headlight is that 808BMW? don't look like the stock 87 light?
Wheelman-111

Virgin Flash III

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

Flash III's 15 minutes of fame. At work:

Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH