What is the deal with Spree's?

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

kurremkarm
Spree
Spree

Post by kurremkarm »

It's funny but people ask me if I want to sell my spree about 2-3 times a week. 3 bucks a gallon for gas and nobody points and laughs at me anymore either.

I like the spree because it just wont go fast, has no real maintenance, and starts and drives down the road. Big old milk crate on back holds a suprising amount of groceries. No insurance required.

Seriously when you factor everything in as a daily driver a spree > a car and unlike a motorcycle requires no special license or insurance.

Another thing is that it's not worth much and isn't as big a target for thieves or a cost to repair, mine was once ran over by a van and the guy ended up paying like 200 bucks to repair it.

And something i considered when looking at a motorcycle-- at some point you are prolly going to wreck the thing doing 60+ mph, i can visualize myself crashing my spree at 28 mph and walking away a lot more than i can see myself surviving that 60+ mph motorcycle crash.
trail90ko
Noob
Noob

Post by trail90ko »

You are funny. The only reason I have a spree is parking, my CB-450 has to be parked in a "motorcycle designated space", rather than wherever the f*ck I want to with the spree. IMHO, Motorcycle>spree. License=easy to get, insurance is <100 a year, No mods necessary to reach highway speedsIt would be much more fair to compare a scooter to a car, methinks. Lately, my car has been very neglected;) Oh, and BTW, the trick to surviving crashes is TO AVOID THEM IN THE FIRST PLACE! Predicting you will crash is like saying "oh, I'd better not go for a walk, i'll definitly trip an smash my nose"
One person's trash is another person's daily transportation.
KZ250andSpree
BMX
BMX

Post by KZ250andSpree »

Everyone is going to crash at some point no matter what. To say you never will is just ignorant.
1980 KZ250LTD (need to get it running ><)
1986 Spree
trail90ko
Noob
Noob

Post by trail90ko »

I never said I wouldn't crash, I just think it's hilarious to not ride a motorcycle because you are afraid of crashing it.
kurremkarm
Spree
Spree

Post by kurremkarm »

Well my spree has 6500 miles on it and i trust the thing a lot more than some of the crap scooters made these days. I have new brakes, new belt, new oil pump, and new clutch assembly on it. If something goes wrong it is worth fixing.

I just looked at an rcmoto or something pos that was parked next door to me. My spree looks much more reliable than that pos.
trail90ko
Noob
Noob

Post by trail90ko »

yeah, I've never heard anything promising about those chinese scooters. I do see tons of them in the local junkyard though;) Most of them look brand new.
Dac
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by Dac »

i got a 92 elite i ride every were but last year my friend let me ride his spree and i felt like i was on top of the world.
"The name says it all"
"Its not what you ride, its that you ride"
1996--------Honda Elite S-
1991--------Tomos Targa-
And a Bunch of other bikes.
tru72
CB900F
CB900F

Post by tru72 »

sprees are fun to wheelie!
Kenny_McCormic
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Kenny_McCormic »

Your spree can wheelie? I have a drilled pipe and it wont wheelie it tries but it just wont.
I am not a mechanic, nor do I play one on TV. Actually my advice is probably worth slightly less than what you pay to view it.
tru72
CB900F
CB900F

Post by tru72 »

lol you have to time and yank on it! Wheelies isnt about power,i ts all about finding the balance point! When we used to stunt xr50s, i left mines completely stock, i felt it was way more challenging to control it with your balance & brake, then to use power. Power wheelies are fun to, hehe my street bikes get s um up pretty easy!
have fun, and rember ,your back brake is your friend!
aloha
D