Honda Elite 50 will not start!!!!! PLEASE HELP!

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

jcenteno
Noob
Noob

Honda Elite 50 will not start!!!!! PLEASE HELP!

Post by jcenteno »

Hello everyone, I recently picked up an old turquoise honda elite 50 with only 3000 miles on it. The thing is in mint condition but it will not start. I first cleaned the carb and dribbled some gas down the cylinder but it wouldn't even fire. I then swapped the plugs and kept trying. Still, no luck. I changed the air filter and checked the carb numerous times but still no luck. I have narrowed down a few issues. If I let the bike sit for at least a day it will fire and almost idle first kick, any other attempts after that are useless. Every time I take the plug out the tip is wet. I think there could be gas in the crankcase because every time I crank it over with the plug out small amounts of oil and gas will spray out. My theory is that the plug is probably getting soaked every time I crank it over but after a few hours, the gas on the plug just evaporates which is why it would probably want to only start the first kick after a few hours of sitting. At this point I need some guidance on why the tip of the plug is constantly soaked and if the crankcase being full of gas is the problem how do I drain it. I have many sprees and usually, a little gas in the cylinder never hurts. It would be greatly appreciated if someone could point me in the right direction. Thanks!
Meatball
CB900F
CB900F

Re: Honda Elite 50 will not start!!!!! PLEASE HELP!

Post by Meatball »

Spark would be where Id look....maybe bad ignition coil, CDI, loose connection somewhere. Stator and wiring gremlins is also a possibility.

If you have many Spree’s, and your Turquoise Elite is an SB50...the parts are interchangeable. Swap in some known good parts until she fires up. Then shop for replacements.
I need to find some new haters...the ones I have are starting to like me.
jcenteno
Noob
Noob

Re: Honda Elite 50 will not start!!!!! PLEASE HELP!

Post by jcenteno »

Spark is really good. It seems super strong and honestly, some of my sprees have weaker spark. I think your right though, I will try that next.

Thanks!