1999 Honda Elite 80 VIN location/info

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

6pcdognugget
Noob
Noob

1999 Honda Elite 80 VIN location/info

Post by 6pcdognugget »

This is one of very few forums I found where I figured I could ask for help...

I have a 1999 Honda Elite 80 that I bought from some air heads in NY and the idiocy must've been contagious because I didn't realize there was no VIN number on the bill of sale I got from them (in addition to no title... which concerned me, and I voiced concern about the bike being stolen, of course I was assured it wasn't) which is a big issue especially given I'm trying to register the bike.

I can't find the VIN number at all, I've checked behind the front tire as someone suggested to me as well as a few other spots but to no avail, any information on where I could find the VIN on this particular year/model (or even info on what I could/should do if I can't find it) would be greatly appreciated...
motormike

Re: 1999 Honda Elite 80 VIN location/info

Post by motormike »

I can't check...don't have Elite 80 at the moment.
But, I think there is a tag welded to frame along the right side, under the floorboard.
Should be visible simply by looking under the edge of the floor.
The metal plate can get bent and hard to find. Hope that's right.
RideRed
<Gyro S><MB5><Honda Navi><Helix><Sym Wolf><Yamaha Razz><Honda CH150 Deluxe>
"Live Large - Ride Small"
vintagegarage
Elite
Elite

Post by vintagegarage »

Like motormike, I don't have one, but the link to the service manual is here:

http://www.motorscooterguide.net/manual ... Manual.pdf

The location of the metal tag he mentions is shown in the photo on page 1-2 in that manual. Please report back if you can or can't find the tag on your Elite 80.
6pcdognugget
Noob
Noob

Post by 6pcdognugget »

Got the VIN on the metal tag mentioned, same one pictured in the manual linked, thank you both! I'd been losing my mind over this for the past 24hrs, I really appreciate the help