Spree Speed Pulley?

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

Mariano206
Noob
Noob

Spree Speed Pulley?

Post by Mariano206 »

I understand that you lose that low end speed or torque by installing the speed pulley. Does it absolutely fail to get you up steeper hills when this is installed? Also heard it wears down belts faster is this true?
Would like the extra speed but there’s hills I go down when j leave the neighborhood just that one spot tho. I don’t wanna wear down my belt and need to get one sooner than later, please let me know if that’s true.
Meatball
CB900F
CB900F

Re: Spree Speed Pulley?

Post by Meatball »

Trying to make the Spree motor faster is a losing battle. It takes painstaking work, hundreds of dollars and countless hours of frustration to get gains of 4-5mph. Its just a big fat waste of everything. Spree is best left stock and enjoyed as-is.

The resale value for Spree’s are quite good. Sell it, toss in a couple hundred bucks on top and you can buy a scooter that rips. Theres a ton of options out there under $1000 that cruise at 40mph and climb hills like a billy goat. It would take an act of god to make the Spree do that.
I need to find some new haters...the ones I have are starting to like me.
motormike

Re: Spree Speed Pulley?

Post by motormike »

I don't like to discourage anyone from trying to make improvements in their bike's performance....but,
Meatball speaks truth about Spree. Too many years I've spent on this forum having witnessed Spree owners trying to make those mods, and the outcome CAN be positive, but it takes a lot of money and time for minimal gains.
RideRed
<Gyro S><MB5><Honda Navi><Helix><Sym Wolf><Yamaha Razz><Honda CH150 Deluxe>
"Live Large - Ride Small"