Pg long flip cone?

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

adema8813
Noob
Noob

Pg long flip cone?

Post by adema8813 »

Hey guys I have a question I’m hoping can be answered about the pg long pipe. What is the flip cone mod exactly? Is it just making the baffle holes bigger I’m little confused on it.
Thanks for any insight/help
Meatball
CB900F
CB900F

Re: Pg long flip cone?

Post by Meatball »

Cut it open, the internal cone baffle can be flipped to increase flow (and noise) and then weld it back together. Its a poor man’s mod that very slightly increases performance. Hardly worth the effort in my opinion.
I need to find some new haters...the ones I have are starting to like me.
adema8813
Noob
Noob

Post by adema8813 »

Thanks for the response.
burnt_toast
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by burnt_toast »

Meatball wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 3:04 pm Cut it open, the internal cone baffle can be flipped to increase flow (and noise) and then weld it back together. Its a poor man’s mod that very slightly increases performance. Hardly worth the effort in my opinion.
Have you tried it tho? SSS saw a pretty sizable gain on the dyno with this mod. I plan to try it in future, with 2 brand new PG Long's on hand so I can compare the difference.
projects galore :nerd:
burnt_toast
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by burnt_toast »

adema8813 wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 7:49 am Hey guys I have a question I’m hoping can be answered about the pg long pipe. What is the flip cone mod exactly? Is it just making the baffle holes bigger I’m little confused on it.
Thanks for any insight/help
this is the only real thread on here I know of, with some pictures that you can still see of this mod. cheers

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=13652&start=15
projects galore :nerd: